ChAPteR 22 ~ Kaboom

"Yeah suck it Thawne !!" Nate whooped as her dart hit the bulls-eye of the dartboard.

Music played loudly in the background, as the whole gang was gathered in a bar. Cisco and Caitlin were waiting for Barry at a round table. While Barry was at the bar ordering shots for everyone. He smiled as he watched Nate, Eddie and Iris play a game of darts. And he just contemplated how lucky he is to have such good friends, acknowledging that each one had an special place in his heart, and then there's that one friend who, well, he hoped, someday becomes something more.

"Now don't get cocky Griffin, watch the master at play." Eddie retorted smugly.

Barry looked at her , her crooked smile as she tried to look smug , her beautiful brown eyes so full of joy , now uncovered by glasses . Her golden hair framed her face perfectly. And then he heard her beautiful melodious laugh ring through the whole bar, ash she laughed at Eddie who failed miserably at hitting his target.

"I'm glad you invited Caitlin and Cisco "Iris said, snapping him out of his daze.

"They're cool right "Barry said smiling as he looked over at his friends.

"Barry they saved your life, that makes them the coolest people I know. " She said, and just then the bartender handed them both a shot of tequila.

They both took their drinks, Iris scrunched up her face as the liquid burned through her body, the buzzing feeling already starting in her head.

Barry also took his, but then he realized something was very very wrong .

Once Iris left he rushed over to Cisco and Caitlin who was now joined by Nate. "Oh yeah victory shot!" Nate exclaimed as Barry placed a whole tray of shots before them .

"Guys? I have a problem." Barry said.

"We all do when guys like him exist." Cisco grimaced at Eddie.

"Yeah, he's so hot." Caitlin said , receiving a seriously look from all three others at the table , "Uh, I mean, genetically speaking. Because I'm a geneticist, of course. Oh, my Gosh, do I sound like Felicity?" Caitlin tried to fix her former statement .

" I'm not talking about Eddie. I'm talking about this." And in one blur all the shot glasses were empty . "I can't feel anything." He said , his voice filled with worry .

Yeah, that's usually what happens when you drink too much." Cisco replied .

"No, the alcohol is not affecting me." He said .

"It's okay Barry you can be designated driver from now on , or you know you can look after the rest of the people who can't hold their liquor ." Nate tried to comfort him , but it wasn't really comforting .

"It's your hyper-metabolism. I need a sample." Caitlin said and started rummaging through her bag . I swear, I had a Vacutainer here."

"I'll get more shots." Nate and Cisco yelled , and headed over to the bar .

"Wait, you carry a blood collection kit in your purse?" Nate turned back and asked Caitlin confused .

"You have your hobbies." Caitlin answered .

Nate just nodded and headed back to the bar .

***

After they all got in quite a number of shots , strictly for scientific purposes . Eddie entered their circle , "Hey guys sorry I have to leave , there was a bombing . " he said , and quickly headed off.

"Yea , I got and early shift.." Iris said .

"I'm so tired ..."Caitlin fake yawned .

"I have to go feed my cat " Nate said .