cHapTeR 24~ Big Bullies

Nate was standing in the queue of the Big Belly Burger waiting to order her take-away dinner, when she heard the distinct sound of police sirens wailing about a block away. 

It's  fine she thought the police probably have it.

After all she was quite hungry , she spent the while day in the lab working on a case,  luckily a somewhat normal one,  in other words not containing the super natural.

And in the process she forgot to eat lunch, Barry was around,  but he tends to become preoccupied,  saving the city and all but today he actually wasn't in the red suit , but he went to STAR labs a couple of times .

It wasn't  until Nate heard multiple gun shots that she decided,  they might use her help. 

She ran out of the Big Belly Burger,  the door chimed as she pulled it open,  she ran around the corner,  which was dark enough that no one could see her. 
She estimated her jump,  trying to do her best to pinpoint the location of the commotion,  and then she was gone. 

Luckily she always carries her mask,  and blue jacket with her,  she quickly slipped them on before stepping out into the war zone.  Where she saw a yellow hummer racing down the street,  toward a kid,  she was just about to jump to him,  then a bolt of lightning zoomed the kid out of the way. 

Joe,  Eddie and some more of the police force, were firing at the car and the driver,  but that didn't  stop him. 
Eddie shot once.  Hitting his target, the driver,  square in the face,  but the car kept coming,  the driver looking unscathed,  and enraged. 

"What the hell? " Eddie asked confused,  just standing there.  The Hummer racing toward him.

"Eddie,  Eddie!!! " Joe  yelled,  but Eddie was too dazed, so Nate did the only rational thing she could think of and tackled him out of the way,  just in time before the car smashed through the police cars , followed by a flash of yellow lightning. 

"Thanks. " Joe said,  running up to Nate and his knocked out partner.

Nate nodded and teleported away,  to where the Flash headed.

She entered the street where she saw the yellow hummer. The driver a six foot tall , man stepped out,  he was built like someone who works out too much. Without effort he ripped the door from the car and threw it at Barry,  who dodged it with ease.

The Flash zoomed forward,  punching the guy in the face. 

Yeah that oughta teach him Nate thought.  But boy was she wrong,  as soon as the Flash's fist made contact with the guy's face,  she heard a sickening crunch of bones cracking.  And then Barry doppled over and screamed in pain. 

The guy's  hand and arm turned the colour of metal, and he swung at Barry with a loud clang ,  who in turn flew through the air,  landing a good couple of feet away. 

Barry grunted, and breathed heavily trying to get up,  the guy walked over to him,  that's when Nate stepped in, she teleported.

"Looks like you were born to take a beating",  the muscled dude said ,pulling his hand back for a punch. 

Nate appeared at Barry's side,  "Not today, Tinman " she smirked,  and teleported herself and Barry away to Star Labs .

*
*

 " Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate. " Caitlin said walking through the hallway toward the cortex.

"Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles." Cisco answered , walking beside her .