cHaPtEr 35

So what's new ? Well Barry informed Joe and Dr. Wells about his recent encounter with the man in yellow . And they decided that it was necessary to obtain the bait to lure the speedster in , as soon as possible , because as Dr. Wells put it so elegantly " The thing about force fields , they're impervious to speed ."

So they were on a mission to obtain the tachyon device one way or the other.

Meanwhile Nate was getting ready for work , Barry left pretty early , well actually just before she woke up , the loss of his presence was what woke her . He left a note saying

"Thanks for everything last night , you're the best .

Sorry I got to leave , need to tell the team what happened .

~Barry "

She sighed and threw the note away , well she didn't really expect him to stay , they were just friends of course , and that's it . She scolded herself for felling dismayed , she had no reason to whatsoever . And she went to the bathroom to take a shower , to start her day.

After finishing her morning routine of getting ready she headed to the CCPD , not staying too far from work , and not being late for the first time in forever (AN: Quote frozen) she decided to walk , everything in her life had been so busy lately she never really got any time for herself , so she decided to embrace it .

Her feet automatically took her to Jitters , as the little bell signaled the door opening as she walked in the smell of freshly brewed coffee hit her , usually she keeps on telling herself that she should try and get over her coffee addiction , but it was times like these when she just thought "Nah ."

She went and stood in the queue , it didn't take long until she was almost at the front , well she would be at the front , if the guy in front of her would pay , "I'm so sorry " the guy said , he had a very smooth voice , Nate couldn't see his face , but his hair was combed perfectly , and he wore a black coat , with a nice scarf "I could've sworn I had enough ... damn just five cents . "

Nate sighed , before slamming the money on the table , not that she was aggravated , but standing in the queue has really cut her time to get to work short . The barista who was serving the guy , raised his eyebrow , the guy in front of her turned , he was actually quite cute . "Thanks . " he said , and blushed a bit , " I'll pay you back . " he stammered a bit , while taking his coffee.

"Don't worry about it . "Nate smiled and waved it off, before ordering her coffee. After doing so she turned , to see the cute guy who was on his way out , but he turned back to her , while walking backwards , "Uh... thanks again ." he called "oops. " he exclaimed , nearly bumping into someone , before he turned , and walked away briskly , causing Nate to giggle at the whole endeavor .

When Nate finally got to the CCPD , Barry (who was now completely healed despite the previous night's fighting ), Joe and Dr. McGee were at the entrance having what looked like an intense conversation , she did her best to slip by unnoticed , which wasn't very hard , they were so caught up in the conversation , they didn't seem to notice .

"This has Harrison wells written all over it , I will not give you my tachyon prototype . " Dr. McGee argued .

"That was quite the tour of your facility . " Barry began " You were fine to let us dumb cops walk around , but I majored in chemistry and physics , and I saw a lot of stuff I'm sure Science Showcase magazine would love to hear about . So should I call their editors directly , or just leave a few posts on their website ? "