ChaPtEr 29 ~Running Interogations

Nate's feet pounded as she ran , one ,two , one , two .... Her heart was racing , and the sweat was running down the side of her face , and also down her back . She was running as fast as she could pushing herself to the limit . She had to run before the zombies got her . She could hear their inhumane growls and moans closing in ...

"Nate !" , a voice interrupted her , causing her to look at the source of the voice . Which in turn caused her to lose her footing , and she was sent flying backwards , by the treadmill.

Barry who was the source of the voice , sped forward catching Nate in his arms . But unfortunately , her momentum , sent him falling backwards , with her landing on top of him .

"Ughhh " he groaned , as Nate rolled off of him . "Nate what are you doing?" he groaned standing up . He pulled her up , so she was on her feet .

"Running of course . " She said breathing heavily , closing the Zombies Run! App on her phone . She would just have to do that mission some other time again, she thought .

"Well I was , until I was sent soaring ... flying... " she said grinning .

"Yeah well ... "

"There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach .." she sang , interrupting Barry .

He in return huffed , raising his eyebrow. "You done ?" he asked .

"Yep , sorry " she said grinning sheepishly . He couldn't help but smile at her . He found her random outbursts of movie references adorable .

"Anyway , why were you running on my treadmill ? " he asked , as she walked over to take a swig of water , and grabbed her sweat towel .

"Well to get into shape . I know I can alter my appearance anyway I want to , but I like being me . And I like me being in shape ." She answered his question . Her breathing calming down .

"Yes , but this is Cisco's super speedy treadmill . " Barry stated, frowning a bit .

"Aww Bar , are you possessive of your treadmill ?" Nate laughed . He didn't answer. " It's raining , so I couldn't go outside , and the gym is full of people , and I don't like it when people look at me as I exercise . " She shrugged , then she had a thought . " Especially , not all those super buff , jocks who do weights the whole day . "

That go his attention . " Oh no by all means , you can exercise her , I was just curious . " he said quickly , blushing a little . Nate chuckled , and kissed him on the cheek , but he turned his head quickly , catching her lips with his . Nate smiled into the kiss , before pulling away .

"Sneaky " she smirked , and walked out of the 'observation room' and into the cortex . Barry chuckled , and followed her . And hugged her from behind .

"Dude gerroff ..." she said resisting " ..I'm all sweaty ."

"But you're just so huggable , and you look hot ." he added , his hot breath fanning her ear , sending chills down her spine .

"Just let me go shower , then you can hug me . " She smiled . And he let go , " Okay . " he said .

Just as she was about to leave for the ladies room , which was equipped with showers , her phone rang . She looked at the caller ID, it was the precinct.

"This is Griffin . " She answered .

"Griffin , do you remember the Mercury Labs case?" The captain spoke , sounding excited .

"The one , the night of the accelerator explosion , about Jacob Simmons that was murdered . The one that went cold because we never found the guy ?" She asked .