ChAPteR 19 ~ I'm Batman

"Alright party people whose ready to get their Trivia ooon !!!" The host of the trivia night screamed into his mic . He was carrying a clipboard , probably to hold score .

"Okay, everybody, welcome.We've got some new challengers. Please, welcome E=MC Hammer." All the people in Jitters cheered , as Barry's group was announced . A guy with blond hair ,who stood close to Barry gave him a high five . And Barry giggled a bit out of excitement .

Iris and Eddie ,looked a bit confused at Barry , not exactly catching why everyone was so excited about the name .

"No, you see, I did it because E=mc squared is Einstein's formula for kinetic energy, right? And, you know, can't touch this." Barry explained , doing a little dance on his seat to , try and explain the irony of the name .

"That's great, Barry." Eddie , said giving him an unconvincing smile , as he placed his hand on Iris' back and rubbing small circles . Sending shivers down her spine.

"So where is Nate ?" Iris asked , trying to hide her flushed face .

" I'm not sure, I'll call " Barry answered , and digged his phone out of his pocket , and quickly dialed Nate's number .

*In Nate/Barry's lab ..*

Nate was looking , through the microscope , analyzing the evidence they found earlier that day at the crime scene . She turned the dial on the side to zoom in , when her phone rang .

She cursed , she hated being interrupted while she was in her zone, but when she saw the caller ID , she immediately picked up , not knowing whether it was an emergency , or just a casual call , but either were equally important to her .

"Captain Awesome speaking , how may I help you ?" she answered .

"Hey Nate , listen are you still coming to Trivia night?" she heard Barry ask from the other side of the phone .

Oh shit , she completely forgot about that , "Sorry Bar , I got so caught up with work , I don't think I'll be able to make it " she said , and gave herself an internal face palm .

"It's cool " He said .

"Gosh , I'm such an idiot , do me a favour and whip those people's asses for me , I could use that coffee voucher " she said .

"Aye aye sir " he said , and then the line went dead .

Nate sighed , she turned back to her microscope , and started to bed down to look at the evidence again , but something was wrong , there was another source of energy in the room , another human .

And something was coming toward her with incredible speed , she spun around just in time , to see a ninja star het lodged in the wall ,mere inches from where her head was only a second ago . But this was no ordinary ninja star , it was shaped like ... a bat .

An: Dun du duuuuun

Out of the shadows from one of the rafters , jumped a black figure, it was shaped like a man , but he was wearing a mask that covered the entire top half of his head , the mask had wo pointy earlike things on top of it , and the man was wearing a cape .

He walked over to her , he was huge about two times her size , he pulled something out of his belt and threw it at her , it was another ninja-bat-star –thing , she dodged it just in time , and heard the clinging sound as it lodged itself in the wall.

When she turned back to face the lack suited guy , he was gone , but that's just how it looked , she could still feel his molecular energy close by , very close .