ChaptER 34 ~The man in the yellow suit

Nate and Caitlyn's conversation was interrupted by the shrill ringing of Nate's phone . "This is Griffin." She answered .

"Griffin we have a crime scene at Mercury Labs , we need you asap." Came the voice of one of the detectives, before the line went dead .

"Sorry Caitlyn , but my day job is calling . " she said , before she disappeared out of the car , giving Caitlyn a bit of a fright . Nate quickly stopped by her lab , grabbing her equipment before she was gone again , appearing around the corner of the Mercury labs building . She knew her way around the building , having had that case at the beginning of the year . She just asked the exact location of the crime scene , and hurried up . All the lights were one , but the building was fairly empty aside from the few concerned staff , and some police officers . It was rather late around 8pm.

Reaching the scene , she was forced to pause she knew this lab well , it was like Deja-vu , the bodies on the floor , the yellow tube running along a plastic encased tunnel it was just like the night...

"Griffin. " detective Anderson pulled her from her thoughts , she looked up to him ,"... that was incredibly quick , I was on the phone with you less than five minutes ago . "

"I was in the neighborhood ." she flashed him a smile , as she walked over to the bodies to examine them .

"Are you sure you're not the Flash or something ?" he joked , she just chuckled if only he knew . She took out her ever present camera , and started snapping pictures . The scene was practically squeaky clean , she couldn't find hairs , or DNA , it was the perfect crime scene , the only lead she had , was the method of murder , which she concerned about .

"Ah Mr. Allen , Joe you made it . "Anderson's voice came , the arriving party gave him an acknowledging nod .

Nate did not look at the two as the approached , a certain wall caught her eye , it was painted over , but she remembered the machine that stood there , and the can remember the noise it made , like the buzzing of bees ...

"Nate are you ok ?" Barry asked , pulling her out of her flashback . "This is where it happened . " she said , still looking at the corner , before she looked back at him .

"What?" he asked .

"This is where I was the night of the particle accelerator explosion . " she answered giving a sad smile , it wasn't exactly a happy memory , sure she got her powers but the pain she had to go through , would stick with her always .

"Oh ... " Barry started , but Nate changed the subject , as Joe walked toward them after having spoken to one of the officers .

"So we have the two bodies , both with broken necks , but here's the weird part , you ready ?" Nate asked , and both Joe and Barry nodded for her to continue . "These injuries were sustained by high speed collision , and I mean super high , as in higher than the empire state building high , as in ... "

"Griffin!" Joe cut her off , sternly .

"Right, basically they were killed by .. "

"A speedster . "Barry cut in , and Nate nodded eagerly .

"Ok good work ."Joe said , giving her a pat on the back , he was proud of her although he didn't show it as often . Sometimes his father instinct would kick in with Nate , but he could not explain why .

"Get this " Eddie cut in "the witness says all he saw was a blur , sound familiar ?" he said with a smirk on his face .

Barry threw a knowing glance at Joe, before they headed over to the witness . "You saw a blur ? What was it?" Barry asked , the guy wearing a lab coat , he had dark hair , and was wearing glasses .