chapter 1

"Victim is a 35 year old male , it looks like he was shot three times in the chest and once in the back with a Beretta 92 , approximately 5 shots fired in total ...." The Detective said to his partner , standing over a bloodied body of a man in a white lab coat .

"Actually it's a Beretta M9 pistol , and it was not just 5 shots fired , there were six , the first bullet ricocheted and hit that wall in the far west corner ." A young woman in a black coat and heels said matter-of-factly, her long light brown hair in a ponytail, a pair of glasses rested on her nose ,and a camera that she wore around her neck like an accessory.

"Uhm excuse me , but who are you ?" asked the detective .

"Oh so sorry, I'm Griffin, Natania Griffin, consulting detective and forensic scientist." She said, extending a hand, which neither of the detectives took .

"Right ..." she said pulling her hand back, "I take it you didn't know I was coming, I thought Mr. Hale would have told you I would be assisting on the case. Hmm, seems like he forgot that little detail." She said averting her from the detectives and looking down at the body in the puddle of blood.

"No he didn't, but since you are assisting, by all means assist." the Detective said, handing her a pair of surgical gloves. "Why not bring the entire city while you're at it." He muttered under his breath. Even though she heard it, Natania chose to ignore it she put on the gloves in such a way that it smacked against her wrist as she released the end.

"And who might our unfortunate victim be?" She asked, not taking her eyes of the body.

"His name is Jacob Simmons, he was a chemical engineer, an employee here at Mercury Labs, he was working on some project, something to do with using molecular transition and harnessing the energy." The detective said and pointed to a big machine, with a lot of glowing lights, creating a low humming sound .

Natania nodded her head taking in the information and went back to observing the body, taking pictures every few seconds from different points of view.

After a few minutes, of silently prodding and poking and observing the body and the surrounding area, she turned to both detectives and said: "Your killer is a left handed, approximately 6.7" judging by the trajectory of these bullet wounds. Most likely male, judging by these boot prints, standard working boots ...." She paused, and bent down again, taking a closer look at the shoe print again "... size 12"she said, standing up and brushing the dirt , which wasn't there from her pants .

She handed the detectives an evidence bag, containing a single thread of ebony hair , "If I am correct , and I usually am , you might find that this , gentlemen" she addressed them  " is a DNA sample of our killer ."

She suddenly perked her head up , and took a big whiff of air , and then concluded with , " He wore .." she sniffed again "...Clive Christian 1872 cologne."

The detectives stared at her with mouths agape , "How on earth do you know that ?." the one detective asked , with an expression mixed with amazement , and something that resembled, being totally freaked out .

"Oh detective ,it's basic deduction skills , there is a lingering spicy scent in the air which is unique to Clive Cristian , and it's not from the victim , and no offence , but not from one of you two either , so hence the scent must have been left here by someone , and according to the evidence , the vic and our killer were the only two people in the room , so it must have been him . "

"Oh" was all that the detective said, before saying , "well I guess that wraps this up , I will file a report at the CCPD station , and get the Lab rat to analyze this DNA ."

The medical team came to collect the body, and most of the blood was cleaned from the floor and where it splattered against the counter.

When everything was mostly clean, the one detective said: "Well Miss Griffin, it was .... educational working with you."

"Well I'm always happy to help, Detective." she said and with that everyone left.

Natania stayed, though, she walked toward the machine against the one wall, her heels clicked and echoed through the empty room.

The machine was still humming, at sounded like a million tiny bees at work, she laid her hand on it and felt the machine vibrate under her touch.

Just then she heard a loud boom and a bright light shone from behind her, shining on the machine, she spun around to see lightning hit the window, causing the glass to shatter.

She shielded her eyes , and once she opened them again , she saw a wave of light headed her way , it was coming her way , and it was fast , she couldn't move , her mind was screaming at her to run , but her body wouldn't obey .

And then it hit her, the wave slammed her body into the machine , coursing through her body , she felt the machine vibrate against her body .

She heard glass shattering around her, the lights flickered , though everything was just a big blur to her . She was in her body, yet not .

And then pain ,searing pain she screamed , though she couldn't hear herself , just the humming of the machine growing louder and louder ,dark spots clouded her vision ; until the darkness enveloped her.

AN:

Ok Everyone so this is my firs Fan-Fiction , so just bear with me on this ok , I will work really hard to keep the events as accurate as possible to the original series .

I don't own any of the original Flash characters , only my own , so I can't take credit for any of the others , those are all thanks to DC-comics and developers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, airing on The CW.

I hope you all enjoy it .

Vote

Comment

Share

~Deeds