"I can't answer that Mani. My answer doesn't matter anyway." I text and let out a long breath.

"Okay." She texts and I put my phone up. I can't get into that right now and I won't. I have a girlfriend and that's all there is to it. I can't be stuck on someone else. After Aiden dies for the fifth time I take the controller to play an as soon as I start playing there's a knock on the door.

"Can you get that Hanna?" I ask and she she nods and goes to get the door. A few minutes later she calls my name. I hum in response but don't look at her. I hear my name again but it definitely isn't Hanna's voice. I turn my head to the kitchen and see

"Mami? Papi? What are you doing here?" I ask and pause the game.

"Abulea!" Aiden says and runs to my mother. She hugs him and kisses his head. I pause my game and walk over to them and hug my father.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask as I hug my mother.

"We wanted to see our grandson." My mother says. Aiden is just as excited to see them as they are him. I guess when you talk on Skype for hours with someone for days, it's exciting to see them in person.

"And our daughter." My father says and my mom smiles.

"Of course you too Lauren." She says and I chuckle.

"Oh. Mami, Papi, this is my girlfriend Hanna. Hanna, my parents, Clara and Michael Jauregui." I say and she smiles at them and shakes their hand. They walk in and of course my mom comments on the new décor.

"I love what you've done to the place. It looks so grown up now." I roll my eyes and let them talk to Aiden.

I did not expect my parents to be here yet but I'm glad they are. Hanna stayed about an hour then got a call from her boss. Apparently he wants her to see his new creation or some shit but whatever she said she'd be back for dinner. Aiden got my mom to try to play COD. Bad call but he is trying to teach her. My dad and I are just watching from the kitchen and talking.

"So how long have you been with that Hanna girl?" He asks.

"About three months. Sorry I didn't tell you guys." I say and he nods.

"It's fine. She makes you happy?" He asks and I nod.

"I like her a lot."

"So how is everyone?" He asks.

"Good. I'm the only one with a kid though." He nods.

"Where's Mani?" He asks.

"Work."

"Right, Normani Hamilton attorney at law." He says jokingly.

"Is she seeing anyone?" He asks and I shake my head.

"You two still haven't worked it out huh?" I sigh. My parents are huge advocates for me getting back together with Mani. They said they knew we'd get together since we were teenagers.

"No dad and I doubt it will ever work out. We're just friends." He shakes his head.

"Does she know about Aiden?"

"Yeah. They love each other." I say and he smiles.

"That's good. I know you two will be getting back together."

"You've said that for the past two years. You should really stop giving me false hope." I say and he laughs.

"On to other things, how is motherhood treating you?"

"Great. I have a good kid. I mean it's kind of hard sometimes but he's a really good kid. No tantrums or smart mouth."

"And he's your kid?" My dad says with a smirk and I playfully roll my eyes.