"Well don't you two look cozy." I say and then turn to look at me.

"Are you ready to go?" Mani asks and I nod. They get up from the couch and we leave my apartment.

Once we get to the zoo, Aiden can't decide what he wants to see first. He goes from bears to giraffes to monkeys. The monkeys were the closest so we went there first. I think I like having Normani with us. She told him things about the animals, She kept his interest and they almost left me a few times. We saw the everything the zoo had to offer and from what I can tell, Aiden loved it. They actually had this place where you get a face painting and Aiden practically dragged us over there. He wanted a tiger and made Mani get a lion. I asked him what he wanted me to get and you know what he says? A fucking cat. They get tigers and lions and I get a fucking cat.

"Aw, she looks so cute." Normani says with a giggle to Aiden. He has a giggle of his own and nods his head.

"Shut it Hamilton." I say as I move away from the mirror.

"It's true. You're adorable." She says and I glare at her.

"Let's go over there." Aiden points to the elephants and tugs on Normani's hand. We walk over to the exhibit and he and Normani get as close as possible.

"Did you know elephants never forget?" She asks him and he shakes his head.

"Yeah they never forget anything so they'll remember you every time you come back to see them."

"Cool!" I hear Aiden say. I start to walk towards them when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I walk away from them and pull it out of my pocket, answering it before I realize who it is.

"Lauren?" Joanna says.

"Yeah what's up?" I ask. I hope she has some news to tell me.

"How's everything going with Aiden?" She asks and I sigh.

"Everything's fine. Did you hear anything?"

"I got them to finish a little earlier because I know someone in the lab. Are you ready to find out?"

"Yes Jo, spit it out!" I say anxiously.

"Welcome to parenthood. He's yours." Holy...I almost drop my phone. I hear Jojo calling my name but I just hang up. I look over to where Normani and Aiden are smiling about something and I run my hand through my hair. I didn't expect to have this reaction but...I'm happy. I feel this relief that is completely indescribable. I didn't want anything bad to happen to this kid and now nothing will. This kid...that kid...is my son. I walk back over to them and Mani looks at me curiously.

"What are you smiling for? If it's something gross, I don't want to know." She says and I laugh.

"It's nothing gross." I say.

"Then what is it?" Now Aiden is looking up at me and I fight off a bigger smile.

"He uh...he's mine." I say lowly so he can't hear. Mani's eyes widen.

"Are you serious?" She asks and I nod. She smiles then hugs me.

"Congratulations." She says next to my ear and I nod.

"I wanna hug." I hear Aiden say as Normani pulls away from me and I pick him up. He wraps his arms around my neck and I hug his little body. I'm hugging my son. My fucking son.

A few days ago kids were the last thing I wanted to happen but this kid, he has this pull on me and I didn't even realize it. I didn't know how I'd react either way but I'm happy I can call him my son. My family. Shit, I haven't actually told my family. I should probably do that. I have to tell everyone.

I don't actually put him down for awhile. I carry him on my neck pretty much the rest of the time we're at the zoo. We took some pictures and stayed until it was getting ready to close. We went out to dinner and then Mani left. On the ride home I notice I haven't spoken to Hanna all day. I text her earlier but never got a reply. Maybe she' s busy?

When we get home Aiden bounces on a bean bag. I'll put those in his room tomorrow and maybe these games too. I don't really play them anymore and he likes them. I guess I need to get some more furniture though. I'll do all of that tomorrow.

We both change into our pajamas and lay in my bed. I figure we could watch TV in here today. His head is on my shoulder and the show we're watching just went on commercial. He gets up and starts jumping on my bed and I sweep my arm under his legs causing him to fall. He laughs as he does and I shake my head.

"Don't jump on the bed." I say and he nods and says okay.

"Hey." He looks at me.

"Do you like it here? With me?" I ask and he nods.

"When you first came, were you scared?" He shakes his head.

"Mama said not to be cause you're my mommy." I nod and bite my lip.

"She was right. There's nothing for you to be scared of."

"I know Lo." He says and I nod again.

"You know...you don't have to call me that anymore. You can say...mommy if you want." I say and he nods. I don't think he'll start calling me that. He started calling me Lo on his own, I never told him to say that.

"Okay. What are we doing tomorrow?" He asks and I shrug.

"I think it'll just be you and me at home. That okay with you?"

"Can we make a fort?" He asks and I nod.

"Okay."

"Oh and you can take those squishy chairs you love so much to your room and I'll give you the games in the living room." I say and his eyes light up.

"They're mine?" I nod and hugs me.

"Thank you." He says and I shrug and wrap my arm around him. He sits back up and crosses his legs.

"When is mama coming back?" he asks and I feel my heart ache for him. How do you tell a kid his mom just abandoned him? Just left him with some total stranger and planned on never coming back?

"I don't know." I tell him.

"Okay." He says and the show comes back on. His attention is now on that and now I have some time to think. What do I tell him when he gets older? I know he's going to want to know. He will definitely only have more questions when he gets older. I don't want to tell him his mother basically gave up on him but what else do I say. He doesn't understand right now because he's too young. He probably won't even remember her in a few years. Would it be good to let him forget? I don't know but I won't let her put my kid through heartache the rest of his life. Not if I can help it.

He falls asleep pretty soon and he looks so peaceful I don't want to risk him waking up while I carry him to his room. I think I'll just let him stay in here tonight. I lie on my stomach and try to get comfortable. I hear him softly snoring and I look over at him. We're lying in the exact same position with our hands under the pillow and one leg bent. He sort of looks like me...in certain situations. He makes some faces that resemble mine. That's how I am with my dad. I mainly look like my mom but I have my moments when I look like him.

His body structure is like most of the males in my family. When my dad was a kid he was skinny and short with broad shoulders and that's pretty much my sons build. His hair texture is like mine though and grows just as fast because when he got here he looked like his hair was probably just trimmed and now he needs a haircut. I'm glad he's not one of those bratty kids who have a fit when they can't have or do something. He's pretty well behaved for the most part so maybe his other mother did something right in raising him so far.

I actually remember her now. Since his birthday is in August he had to be conceived in December or some time around there. I go to Miami every Christmas and stay until New Years. Chris, Travis, Ally and me all went out a few days before Christmas eve and I hooked up with his mom. I remember the condom breaking but she said she was on birth control. Apparently that was a lie but whatever, that lie got me a pretty cool kid though and I'm okay with it. Her loss is my gain.