epilogue

Third Person's POV

Y/N has always said that she loved the rush performing gives her. So when she heard that her old band could get together to perform, even for one concert, she was thrilled.

After Vylad's death, she kept her promise to him on continuing her passion for music. Her friend and husband however are a different story.

Laurance stopped music for a normal lifestyle but still misses it. He supports Y/N on her solo career of music but only on the sidelines. He'll mess around, or play with Y/N, but he hasn't continued with music professionally for a little while now.

Alex, she switched to acting, and she is a talented actress. From playing your everyday friend, to a crazy girl, she's played many roles. One of her hardest consists of scenes that remind her of her past relationship with Vylad, including his and the character's death.

But when Y/N got the two to do music again, she was thrilled. No mtter what she writes or sings, it's not the same as when she was younger. Maybe it was because Vylad was there. Or maybe it was because she could be herself with a band they created with more history. She doesn't know honestly.

Laurance slips his guitar strap over his shoulder struming a few cords to Animal but cringes at the need of tunning. He carries his guitar backstage with him to tune.

He remembers playing Animal and when they would put a twist on the song go make it sound somewhat creepy. He likes think that they succeeded on that.

As if it was a repeat of one of their last concerts, Y/N comes skipping out of the direction of the dressing rooms to see Laurance checking, or in this case tunning, his guitar. He blows a kiss to her after she sticks her tounge at her, and she walks onto the actual stage after her little tease with Laurance backstage.

When she walks on, she notices a certain blonde staring blankly at a vacant drum set. Swallowing harshly, she forces the comment of missing her brother down her throat with her spit. It would only hurt people more than it would help.

"My drummer with be here in a few minutes. We just got done texting," Y/N says, listening to Laurance's footsteps coming closer to us. She continues stare.

"I bought him his first pair of drumsticks," her words are low and slow, and the lack of emotion almost scares Y/N. "But he's gone now. He should be the one here. Not your drummer."

Y/N nods her head, and Laurance's guitar nudges her side. She glances over to see a bass in his hand, but all she does is walk to the center of the stage beginning to sit down on the groud to begin their old warm ups. Laurance sets the guitars down and follows after her. Shorly after, Alex makes her way over.

"Breath in seven. . . hold in seven. . . and out seven. . ."

After almost being done with their warm up, the wide doors to the building open, and Y/N's phone goes off sometime before that. To their surprise, Leo has stopped by for a visit. Y/N had thought that he busy today, but it looks like he was able to get around his plans.

"Hey guys!" Leo greets, making his way over to the front row sitting in the center seat, his usual seat. "So, it turns out that I was able to reschedule my plans today, so I'm here now. I couldn't miss some of my favorite people doing what they once did again."

Laurance smiles breaking his hum to yell a quick greeting to Leo. He normally did that, and it would piss Y/N off beyond demand. Vylad found it funny and would chuckle, and Alex didn't care and sometimes dismiss it with a roll of eyes, but it would piss Y/N off. When Y/N let it show, that's when Alex found it funny, and Vylad would pitty Laurance because Laurance knew he was screwed.

"You couldn't finish the hum?" I ask him, standing up from the triangle. Y/N walks over to her phone, ignore Laurance's responce and yelling for her to get off hrr phone, and check it to see a text from hrr drummer to see that he's running later than he intended to.

Laurance walks over to the guitars picking them and up and brings them back to our little triangle.

"You found my bass," Alex announces when she looks up at Laurance.

"Yeah," Laurance says. "It wasn't that hard to find."

"But sometimes things are better off lost."

"Not this," Y/N confirms. "I was thinking maybe starting off with Still Into You. Then, we can do whatever songs we want to do after that."

Laurance gives the bass to Alex, who hesitantly takes it, and he walks over to his microphone.

"I missed this so damn much," Laurance comments, beginning the song with a long and strong, also unnecessary, cord. "Let's rock and roll."

Leo stands up. "I want to drum!" he yells, running up to the stage. It can't be that hard, right?" his words are twisted against him when he sits down holding a pair of drumsticks staring at the parts of the drumset. "I lied. You guess are on your own."

After he runs away, the song begins to play. I smile looking around to see both the Zvahls staring at the guitars. Laurance appears to be less focused on his guitar, but in the music instead. His head pops up, and he smiles with a wink at me. Out of habit, I look at the drum kit, but I should've known better when there's no noise coming from it.

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together, I need the other one to hold you. Make you feel, make you feel--"

"I'm sorry," Y/N quietly hears over the sound of a single guitar. "I can't do this," The guitar soon stops playing, and Y/N stops singing. Alex walks over to Laurance and gives him the bass. Tears begin to form in her eyes. "I haven't touched my bass, and sometimes even my keyboard, for a reason. This isn't me. This is the old me. I'm an actress now. Thinking Out Loud is even hard for me from time to time! This is the me when Vylad was here. And now that he's gone, so is that part of someone I used to be. I still to sing, but it isn't the same anymore. I'm so sorry, but I can't."

"Of course you can!" Y/N chirp, trying to encourage her. Laurance tries to stop her, but it doesn't work. "All you have to do is sing and play the bass. You can do it."

"No I can't. I'm so sorry Y/N, Laurance. I can't do it now that he's gone. It hurts too much."

Alex runs off letting little tears slip down her cheeks. She may be engaged and near the wedding, but Vylad was her first love who is now dead. If he wouldn't has passed, she could possibly still be with him. The ring on her finger could've been from him, but it's not and that's fine. She loves Adam, and she followed the promise she made to Vylad. That's all that matters.

Y/N stares at Laurance sad, and he pulls her into a hug kissing her forehead.

"I miss him. She's right. It's just not the same as it used to be."

"I miss him too," Laurance kisses her head again, squeezing her slightly. "But everything happens with a reason. Vylad did amazing things, and he even changed all of us for the best. Maybe that was the reason he was here to begin with. I miss him too, but we'll see him again soon."

She leans her forehead against him sighing deeply, closing her eyes. Y/N decides to change the topic to a happier one. "Have you ever thought of having a baby.of our own?"

"Yeah, I have. I've been wanting one."

"Well," Y/N looks up at him, and talks in a sweet, breathy, whisper. "I want one too."

Laurancr smiles and picks her up, kissing her repeatedly when she's set back down on her get.

"I love you so much, Y/N."

"I love you too, Laurance."

Just then the doors open to show Y/N's drummer as Leo claps for the emotional and touching scene before him.

Y/N laughs, "Sorry bro, but it looks like it's not happening!"

Her drummer sighs and lowers his head down walking back outside to go home.

"Come on," Laurance says, grabbing Y/N head. "Let's get out of here."