chapter twenty eight

When you see tears, it most likely means sadness. I knew exactly what happened oncensge walked outnof his hospital room. The mascara streaks down her pale cheeks told me everything, and my heart dropped at the sight.

"He's gone..."

Who knew that two words could mean so much. Who knew that two words could hurt so much. Cries begin to fill the room, and I feel a single tear slip down my cheek.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Vylad Ro'meave

Date of Birth: December 29, 2002

Date of Death: April 20, 2018

Fifteen. He lived for fifteen years and now he's dead. Mom says that she was supposed to go before him. Alex claims that's she'll never love again. I lost the brother that I'm closest to. He's gone...

I watch as they slowly lower Vylad's casket further into his final resting place. He's not in pain anymore, but he's now with us anymore. Laurance pulls me close to his chest, and I look up to see him fighting back tears.

"It's alright to cry..." I run my hand down hick cheek, and he places his hand over mine.

A tear slips down his face onto my finger tips. "He was like a little brother to me," He says. "And knowing how close we all were to him..."

By now people are giving out their condolences, and Laurance unwraps his arms from around my waist and points forward. "Go talk to her. She needs you just as much as I do."

I take small steps forward. Alex is sitting on her knees with her head facing the floor. A single flower is in her hands whilst her voice is soft and quiet.

"V, what happened? I begged you not to go. Why didn't you listen to me? After everything we've been through together, you told me goodbye. I love you so much Vylad... Why did you have to leave me?"

I place my hand on her shoulder, "It's hard for me too. But he's in a better place, he's not in pain anymore."

"I loved him," She looks up at me. "I had a dream last night, and he kissed me. But then I woke up, and he was gone. I know I shouldn't blame myself, but I do anyway. How do I know that it's not my fault?"

I place my hand on her shoulder, "By believing us. Stop thinking that it's your fault when it really isn't."

I begin to walk away, and out of the corner of my eye, I see Hayden walk away from Laurance. He sends me sad smile, and I return it.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"It's like Romeo and Juliet. Except, I didn't follow after my Romeo, and I can't go back to page one."

The interview we had shortly after Vylad's death plays in the background, and I can't help by sigh noticing how quiet the house is since he died. The tear running down Alex's pale cheek is noticeable, and it's times lile these where the memories I have with Vylad hurt the most.

The doorbell rings, and I'm the only one in the house. I go and answer it. I see that's Laurance, and he looks like he was finished crying.

"What's up."

"Y/N, I-I think we need to break up."

I blink once. Twice. Three times. I wish this was a dream. It seems as if I've been wishing for that for a while now. Vylad's gone, and now Laurance is breaking up with me.

"Why?"

"We're... we're moving to Meteli. Dad thinks a fresh start is needed, and he may be right. We're not ckming back, and I wanted to say goodbye before..." He hesitates. "Before we leave." He places a kiss to my lips, and a car horn makes up pull apart. "Goodbye Y/N."

"Laurance, come on!" Hayden yells.

"Coming!" Laurance shouts back. "I love you."

He runs off, and I'm left here all alone. The car drives away leaves me behind.

I whisper, "I love you too Laurance."

I learned that not every store has a happily ever after. I thought that Vylad would live a long life, and our band would become even bigger than it is now. I thought I would find a boyfriend, and the relationship would last longer than it actually did.

I guess that's not how life works. Sometimes you need sadness. This will only make all of us stronger. I'll see Vylad again. We all will. And as for Laurance, who knows.

Sometimes all good things need to come to an end.