chapter fourteen

Garroth always brags about how he could've gone to O'Khasis Prep, but he didn't want to go. Please tell me how this is a thing, because frankly I am confused by the fact that he claims he could've gone, but he needs a tutor. He forgets that I'm smarter than him, and he's older than I am. Logic, right?

You know in all the movies and books where they have one character talking to somebody in one room with the door shut, and another person is listening in on them by sticking their head up against the door with a cup between the door and their ear. Well, I'm currently doing that right now. Should I be doing so? Most likely not, but hey, my name is Y/N Ro'meave after all. What are you expecting out of me?

It's only been a day, and I can't wait to see what the new album cover is going to look like. I heard it was going along nicely, and that Leo had everything planned. If only a part of his plan was showing us the album cover. But now, instead he wants to make us wait for it like everyone else. It could always end up like the our very first album. We ran all the way to the closest store and probably bought about twenty copies of the album.

"No Garroth, say it exactly like I am. Veux-tu sortir avec moi."

Even if it hurts a ton, I inch my head even closer to the door leaning more into the cup.

"What does that even mean?" The sound of papers flipping, then the sound of papers falling filled the room for a few empty seconds. "Is this even in the textbook?"

Vylad walks by me, stops, and then moonwalks backwards. "Do I even want to know?" He asks.

"Most likely not."

Vylad walks away, and it appears that getting rid of Vylad is easier than trying to get rid of Zane. Zane was being a stubborn little asshole, and he refused to leave me alone when I first started doing this earlier today.

Suddenly everything is silent. I don't like silence. Silence means that something could be happening.

I crack the door open ajar, and quickly shut it walking away as if I saw nothing. It looks like Garroth found out what veux-tu sortir avec moi means. I just thought it'd be the door first.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

March fifth, the one day of the year I never hear the end of. What's so important about March fifth? You ask that question to a certain someone and you're screwed. Why? It's Alex's birthday. You forget Alex's birthday, you're fucked. Garroth forgot her tenth birthday, and she didn't talk to him for a full six months.

Today is an off day for school considering it is a teacher's in service day, so Leo has decided to try to encourage us to show up earlier to practice today. Key word: try. I may love music and all, but I don't enjoy extra work. Extra work can shove itself up a place that doesn't shine.

Vylad being the overachiever he is listened to Leo, and now I'm suck in my little dressing room crying in a corner. Extra work is scary man...

Alex's POV (We need some Vlex moments in here for my bitthday.)

I sit on the edge of the stage practicing my guitar. I got this guitar exactly eleven years ago today. I was forced to play guitar... My legs dangle on their own as I hum along to the notes I sturm on my guitar. That's until I feel a kiss being planted softly onto my cheek. My guitar is taken out of my hands and is placed next to me.

I turn around and smile when I'm met with two green eyes. "Morning love," I say when he helps me onto my feet.

"Happy birthday."

"Ah, I see you remembered," I giggle. "I'd hate to be mad at my boyfriend for six months like I was mad at Garroth for forgetting it."

"You were ten."

"And salty."

Being the dork he is, Vylad drags me to the center of the stage and places my hand on his shoulder, and the other one in his. His free hand wraps around my waist, and I throw my head back laughing.

"Okay you dork, this would go a lot better if we had music to this."

He begins to quietly sing the beginning to Thinking Out Loud, and I blush as he glides me across the stage. It reminds me of the music video, and the single thought of how cliché Vylad really is just to waltz me off my feet like this. Some day I kinda want to try out the music video's dancing just for the he'll of it. Have some fun, make some memories, the only part that could go wrong is making a cool out of myself. Oh wait... Eh, just imagine all the work and practice they had to put in for that video.

I don't dance. I can't dance to save my life, but here I am in this position. Now I just sound like that song I Don't Dance.

"How long is our relationship going to be kept a secret?" He asks.

"I honestly have no idea..."

I somehow ended up singing with him, and at the very end I can hear the sound of both Y/N and Laurance's voices added into the song. The song ends, and Vylad and I stand frozen.

Y/N's POV

'Nothing's going on between us, I swear.'

That's a big fat lie right there. How the fuck do you explain this then? I don't know, why don't you ask them? Maybe I will.

"When did you two begin dating?" The words fly out of my mouth, and they continue to just stare at us.

"About a month now."

A month... A MONTH?! Ouch, rejetted.

That's when I'm pulled close to somebody's chest, and I look up to see Laurance's stupid fa-smirk. Laurance's stupid smirk. The two lover birds have already started to sing another song and Laurance joins in as he smiles down at me. I feel my cheek's begin to heat up and instantly I know that I'm blushing. I don't blush, so I'm not the biggest fan of this at the current moment. Or ever to be exact.

You know what, I'm not blushing. The sun somehow managed to burn me.

Even if we're indoors.