chapter seventeen

The big day is finally here, and it couldn't if have come any slower. Everybody's getting ready for soundcheck, and looking into the mirror it feels like we had a show last week, and the week before that. But we haven't, and the feeling is deluding.

Walking out onto the stage I feel a cold hand upon my shoulder. I jump and turn around to see Leo.

"What weird shit am I going to hear coming out of your guys mouths today?"

I shrug my shoulders, "You never know."

He motion to my guitar on stage, "You playing it tonight?"

"Of course, but the fans don't know that. Oh, thanks for getting us out of that one month school suspension I guess." Preferably I would want the one month suspension, but I don't think my parents would like that very much... or Vylad...

"Laurance wears brassssssssss~!" Alex sings into her microphone.

"Shut the fuck up Alex~!" Laurance sings back.

"Watch your profanities Laurance~!" Vylad does the same as the other two, and Alex laughs.

Well, those three mics work.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

When Leo makes everybody go all out for oyr comeback performance, I get little butterflies in my stomach. Not the 'I have a crush on you' butterflies, but the 'You care about me' butterflies.

Fog fills the stage, and everything's dark. We're frozen in place, and the countdown is going off behind us showing off our silhouettes.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

We begin to play the opening number, I watch as the two Zvahls jump off of the amps, and I fear for my life when Laurance almost drops his guitar in the process. It wasn't noticeable to the audience, but my breath almost hitched. Ladies and gentlemen, Laurance has stopped wearing bras.

Once the opening number ends I run off stage leaving the crowd confused. Laurance begins to talk.

"Hey everybody! Welcome to our comeback performance! So, Y/N left us, but you know what? I can hit those high notes too."

Vylad laughs, "Keep dreaming, but no you can't. That's my job."

Laurance narrows his eyes, "I'm gonna laugh when a bunch of fan girls beat the shit out of you for that."

Begins to slowly walk off stage, "My brother, Laurance Zvahl, wears bras everybody."

"ALEX! I HATE YOU!"

I run back out onto stage with my guitar in hand, "You ready to rock?!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We're given a little break, no more than five minutes, as Leo talks to the crowd. I'm not playing my guitar for any more of the concert, but that's okay.

Karas walks over by me and gives me a hug. I gave her a backstage pass, and she was beyond happy. Leo, however, he wasn't smitten with this idea.

"You're doing great so far! Bubblegum Bitch was lit! What are some more songs I need to look out for?"

I think for minute, "Well, we decided to Say Amen and Bring Me To Life this concert."

She nods her head and Leo calls for us to go back on stage. I run back on and smile to the crowd once I reach center stage. I watch Vylad almost trip over his drums, and Laurance start to laugh. Leo walks off, but Alex still hasn't come on. I look at the boys and they just shrug.

That's when I see pink hair fly past me. I notice it's Kara, and she mouths to me 'I got you' and strums a loud cord on her bass.

I grab onto my microphone, "I don't know where Alex is, so Kara is here to help us out! This song I give to you is called New Rules with Kara helping me out with background vocals!"

Alex's POV ('Cause why not? Dramaaaaaaaa)

"I don't know where Alex is, so Kara is here to help us out! This song I give to you is called New Rules with Kara helping me out with background vocals!" Y/N's voice echoes throughout backstage, and I ram my shoulder into the locked closet door. She locked me inside a closet. The bitch locked me inside a fucking closet.

Great, I'm stuck in here. It's dark, and a fairly small closet. I'm beginning to feel claustrophobic, and I can't help but want to beat the shit out of Kara for locking me in here. I'm supposed to be out there, not her. I'm the bassist of this band! This isn't funny though. Laurance once locked me in my closet for two hours straight. I was five.

My shoulder collides with the door and I wince. There's going to be a bruise there...

The song ends, and I give up all hope and slide down the wall of the closet. That is until I see footsteps comibg toward the closet. It could be Kara, but I doubt it.

"In here! Help! I'm locked in here!"

The door opens, and I see it's Vylad. I pull him into a hug and kiss his face repeatedly. It's scary in there man...

He grabs onto my wrist. "Come on," he says and begins to run on stage grabbing my bass in the process.

Y/N's POV

We finished New Rules, and Vylad runs off stage. Okay, what is going on with our band members? Laurance walks over to me, and I drag him over by Kara.

"We'll have to do Say Amen once Vylad gets back. Laurance still can't hit that high note, even if he thinks he can, he can't. For now we'll just do Bring Me To Life. Vylad shouldn't be long.

Laurance jogs off to his spot, and I walk towards mine. "Hey everybody!" I exclaim. "It appears that Vylad disappeared, but he should be back soon! For now, I introduce to you Bring Me To Life!"

About halfway through the song, the crowd begins to cheer, and the two love birds stand there awkwardly on the side of the stage. They wave, and then they sprint to their spots. I watch Kara be pushed to the side, and I glare. What the hell? Kara didn't do anything!

Bring Me To Life ends, and Vylad starts talking. "Helloooooooooo," he chuckles. "So, we're back, and Kara, you can leave now! Ba-bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" What's gotten into him?

The concert ends, and before we can do anything else with the fans, Laurance grabs my hand and pulls me towards the dressing room.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something," He takes a deep breath. He looks nervous. I wonder why. "Look, I've liked-"

"I DID NOT LOCK YOU IN A CLOSET!"

"VYLAD FUCKING FOUND ME IN IT!"