chapter fifteen

There's this new girl, Kara Danvers, and she's an amazing bassist. I heard her play a few days ago, and I can honestly say she has talent.

Not only is she amazing, she has a passion for music. And she also have the look of a rocker. From her ripped skinny jeans to her hot pink hair, she would totally be something we'd go to if we would need another bassist.

She actually stopped by yesterday at my house while we were practicing, and she even joined us, much to Alex's dismay. Laurance and her his it off right away, but Vylad seems kinda iffy on her. But that'll most likely fade away once he gets to know her better.

Actaully, she's been at my house a few times already. What can I say? We hit it off really well when she came to our school a little over a week ago.

Kara walks up to us and smiles. "Yesterday was awesome, we should do it more often. Just the thrill of playing my bass with a real band was amazing," She says.

"Yeah, totally!" I chirp. "I mean, we have another practice today. You can join us again if you want! It's great to have just an amazing bass player with us!"

Alex bites her lip, "We already have a bassist, remember? Me? Besides, we should actaully practice our new music as a band. As in, all of us doing it together. You know?"

I stare at her in denial, "Alex you're just jealous of all the attention Kara is getting. We always need to make a new friend feel welcomed. Besides, it's nice seeing some new talent on the bass."

Alex turns to Vylad. I don't notice the hurt in her eyes, and he takes her hands into his. "V... can we leave? I think... I think... I need to go play guitar or something..."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"At least I think I do!" I finish singing the last part of our new song, How to be a Heartbreak, and walk over to Kara to givs her a high five for all the amazing work she did during that song. She may just need to play at one of our concerts for us. "That was fantastic! Why don't we all go and take a five minute break?"

The front doors open and close, and soon enough I feel Taryn walking down the long isle towards us. She smiles at me, and greets everybody else. That's until she freezes and turns back to me.

"Did Alex rebel out and dye her entire head hpt pink? And did she... when did she get a tan?!"

I laugh, "She didn't because that's Kara. Alex is around here somewhere. Kara is a new friend of ours. She's killer on the bass. In fact, that was her playing a few minutes ago."

Taryn looks confused, but doesn't say anything about it. "Is Alex okay with this?"

"Yeah, totally. She thinks it's awesome."

Taryn forages a smile and continues to walk off stage. Hm, weird. What's up with her today?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Leo isn't the biggest fan of Kara, but instead finds her interesting. He had asked who she was and why she was practicing with us, and once I answered, he wasn't pleased. In fact his exact words were 'Your childishly wasting perfectly good studio time to mess around with some girl. You have a comeback performance in less than two weeks, and this is all you have to show for it? I expected more from you all'. She tried to talk to him, but he found it interesting about her colorful choice of words, and how she had no mercy towards anything.

It's times like these you begin. to question what you're doing with your life.

Otherwise from that, I'm home ans everything's going well. I finished my homework, and I remotely understood it... for the most part at least. Math is so confusing, but that's not my fault. It just happens.

Garroth and Taryn have announced their not-so-secret relationship anymore tonight after what has been two weeks of them actually dating. I wonder what Ivy's going to think of this.

I don't exactly understand Ivy. She calls my brother's name incorrectly, which he hates, and thinks that they're dating even if he screams that they're not and runs away from her.

Personally I feel bad for the both of them, and I feel an once of piry for Taryn for when Ivy finds out about their relationship. Ivy can do crazy things, and she knows exactly how to get away with them as well.

I suppose being the daughter of one of the riches familes in Phoenix Drop has it perks. But if that's the case, what about me? I can't get away with anything? Everybody else can, but not me!

My thoughts arw cut short once mom comes in and tells me to go to bed. Ugh, I don't want to go back to hell in the morning...