chapter nine

From all the books and movies I have ever had contact with show that high school can be hard but it's fun. The only true thing I learned about it was that it's hard as all hell, and that it being fun a is lie. A lie I tell you. It's boring, stupid, a waste of time... must I go on?

It's only been one day and I already feel like crying. I've been given homework, and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even if it was only Friday, I can remember the concert perfectly. Oh how I wish it was Friday already, but sadly it is not.

I bury myself deeper into the couch cushion as Vylad sighs. I let the sheet of homework slip from my palm onto the ground. I toss my pencil over my shoulder and push the math book off of me listening to the sound it makes once it hits the floor. "This is stupid," I complain and roll onto my stomach.

"If you would just do your homework it wouldn't be so bad."

"That's easy for you to say. You've been studying this shit for the last two years."

The front door opens and a skateboard rolls by itself inside of out house. Gee, I wonder who that could be. In walks Alex and Laurance, and they both throw themselves over the back of the couch onto the cushions like they've been here a million times before. Which they have.

Laurance lands on top of my legs, and I cuss out in pain, "Get your fat ass off out me damn it! That shit hurts!"

"Did either one of you shut the front door?" Vylad asks.

Are you kidding me? I'm in pain, and he only cares about the damn door. Of course it's winter, but come on. I could be dying, and he wouldn't know about it. With the door being open of course it's a little chilly, but then it's a lot easier for Garroth not to break it down. This would be the ninth door this year we would've had to repair.

Vylad goes off to shut the door and Alex leans over Laurance to talk into my ear, "Laurance put another bra on. He's wearing it right now."

What is up with Laurance and wearing bras? Is he going through some kind of phase or something? A dare possibly? Let's go with the dare one.

"Alex, get off me!" Laurance hisses, and I begin to laugh. "Why are you laughing?!"

"Why are you wearing a bra?" I retort.

"You told her?!"

That's when a shoe is thrown down the stairs. It's most likely Zane's because instead of walking down the stairs like a normal person, he throws shoes down the stairs that someone always has to retrieve later. It gets annoying, but it only fuels me to continue to do whatever I was doing the few seconds before.

The sound of something being thrown upstairs tells me that Vylad threw the shoe back upstairs. Vylad soon makes his appearance into the room and calmly takes his seat next to Alex. I find it funny how he's calmly sitting there with his arm wrapped around her shoulder, and Laurance is sitting on my legs. I don't feel the pain anymore because I think my legs went numb. Wait... I eye the both of them carefully, and in return they give me weird looks.

That's when I look at Laurance chest. It really does look like he has man boobs.

"What are you looking at?" He asks.

"Oh nothin'... did anybody else find today horrible?"

"I found it kinda hard to make friends. You never know if they're just usin' you, ya know?" Alex says.

Laurance laughs, "Really? This gave me a better way to flirt with girls." Shallow...

"Laurance you're a pig. But it was weird having this switch. Everybody kept asking me about what it was like being famous, and if we ever go back to performing if they could go backstage. I did meet this really nice girl though. What was her name? Aph... aph... Aph something."

Vylad smiles, "Aphmau. We all met her today. She was also one of the girls Laurance flirted with today. He has no dignity."

"I have dignity!"

"Spell dignity,"Alex says.

"D-I-G-N-I-T-Y. Dignity."

"Shit..." She mumbles. "I forgot that Garroth was the one who spelt dignity with two 'd's."

"Hey Al, can we go talk?" Vylad asks, and Alex replies with a 'sure', and they both leave.

Leaving me with Laurance. Oh goodie.

I have no idea of what to do with the guy who is wearing a bra. Do I do homework? No, that's too boring. He's simply just watching TV, and I look like a creep watching him watch TV. I must admit though, it looks really weird but funny with a bra on. I would ask whose bra it is, but that's weird and he most likely stole it from Cadenza just to piss her off.

You know what I have noticed? Guys has adam apples, and girls don't. What's up with that? What even is the point of having an adams apple. What's the point of them?

Laurance looks over and eyes me suspiciously. I smirk and he slowly begins to scoot away from me. Pay back.

I scoot closer to Laurance and lay my head on his shoulder. I wrap my arm around his shoulder, and he slowly wraps his around my waist. That's when I do it. I lift up his bra strap and let it fall down against his skin. He hisses out in pain and the next thing I know I'm being pushed to the ground. Laurance is hovering over me and pins my hands above my head.

"Ha, look who wins now."

That's when two pairs of footsteps walk back into the foyar.

"Holy shit."

"What are you both doing?!"

Oh Irene, we're fucked. How do we explain this?