chapter two

I place my card into our shared hotel room's door scanner, and once I hear the beep I walk inside. I expected it to be quiet. Or maybe even hear a little bit of a classical guitar, or even Vylad hitting his drumsticks against a hard surface gently. That's not what I heard.

The farther into the room I go I can hear punk rock coming out of the Zvahl's room. The hotel we're staying has two bedrooms, and since our parents don't trust four teenagers with different genders together, they made us sleep with our siblings. That was one of the rules we need to follow in order to travel around without them coming with us to different places. Soon we'll be going to O'Khasis, but for now we're in Phoenix Drop.

I open the door to see my three other band mates head banging along to a Green Day song, and once they see me they restart it expecting me to sing along.

I can't even see Alex's face, and I see is her blonde and blue hair. Both Laurance and Vylad's eyes are blocked off by there messy looking hair.

Once the song restarts completely they freeze until Alex begins, "Don't wanna be an American idiot!"

The head banging begins with the guitar until Laurance sings the next line, "Don't want a nation under the new media!"

The same thing happens and Vylad continues with the lyrics, "And can you hear the sound of hysteria?"

It's like they told each other in the beginning who would sing what. I knew what the next line was, and we don't need to be kicked our of the hotel. Last time I let them be like this I had to put of the couch in our living room. It was under flames and mother and father weren't home. We had an interesting time explaining to mother and father why half of their couch was burnt to a crisp.

The head banging stops and Alex begins to next line, "The subliminal mind fu-"

I stopped her mid swear. "No cussing!" I turned off the music and gave each of them their instruments that were thrown lazily across the bed. "I know you three were practicing with these before all this happened. Let's continue with that."

I watched the three hold onto their heads and lean against something. Serves them right.

"I got the biggest headache," Laurance says.

"I do too..." Alex complains.

That's when I hear something break. I look over and see Vylad's pair of drumsticks broken in half as he looking down at them. His eyes widen, and he begins to mumble, "Leo is going to kill me."

I gripped onto my hair and began to hiss out words, "I told you not to leave your practice ones at home!"

The remaining parts of the drumsticks fall to the floor as Vylad falls on his knees. He's being over dramatic, and I decided to let myself fall on top of the bed. I feel the bed dip more, and the sound of three other people falling onto the bed. A new grunt falling going from lower to higher.

"Damn," Laurance begins. "We're such a mess."

I shake my head, "No, you guys are a mess."

Alex looks at me from the top rights of her eyes as she tilts her head slightly up. She picks up a strand of my hair and let's it fall through her fingers. "We need to dye to tips of your hair. We'll do it next time I do it," she picks up a strand of her own hair. "Guys what color for O'Khasis?"

A pillow is covering Laurance's face but he answers, "Blue."

Vylad thinks for a moment before talking, "Red. It'll compliment your skin tone and bring out your eyes."

I nod my head, "What he said, just dumber."

"I guess I'm doing red then, thanks guys! Oh and Y/N, we should try an ombre for you or something..."

Laurance rolls over on his side, "Why not blue Alex?!"

"Because my hair is blue right now dumb ass!"

"It's hard to keep up with your hair colors!"

She glares, "It's legit attached to my-"

"How about we go to the pool later?" I ask to change the conversation and to stop an upcoming fight.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

My towel is hanging on my arm as I walk into the room with the pool. Chlorine instantly fills my nostrils, and I wince at the sudden change of smell. I walk over to a pool chair and place my towel on the table next to it. I check my phone and see a notifications on my media sites and I check them out.

After I check my Instagram I feel water hitting my leg and Laurance trying to get my attention. I look up and he motions for me to come in. Once I refuse he smirks and I know I'm screwed. I quickly turn off my phone and the next thing I know my phone falls out of my hand onto my chair, and I'm back first into the water. I pop back up frustrated and try to slip of my now soaked cover up.

Laurance jumps back into the water, and the splashed water ends up in my face. He resurfaces with a sly grin on his face, and I jump on his back when he's side tracked.

His heads shoots up from the water, and he begins to spit the water out and rubs his eyes. He turns his head back and falls backwards making me breath in water and fear for my life. I swear I saw my life flash before me. He pops back up and pulls me to his chest smirking. After a swift knee swing from me, and Laurance letting me go after a scream of pain, I'm finally able to swim away towards the other too leaving Laurance crunching in pain. My work here is done.