Chapter 31

The next morning around 9:30a.m I was in the kitchen fixing myself some breakfast when my roommate, Tionna, waltzed in. She and I had been friends since our freshmen year once we got paired up to work on a project for Music Appreciation. Her wit and bluntness were mainly what drew me to her. I could always count on her to tell me like it is.

"Hey Mia." She beamed as she settled on a stool that was previously tucked under the island.

"What's up Ti? How was your night?" I asked, already knowing the answer. While she wasn't necessarily a completely liberal woman she was extremely outgoing and knew how to enjoy herself no matter where she went.

"My night was lit, asusual." She said as a smile spread across her face as she was probably reminiscing.

"How was your night?" She asked, now smirking at me.

"It was pretty chill, you know me." I said. She shot me look as if to inform me that she knew something that I didn't.

"Hmmm. So you and Aaron are back together?" She questioned. I was thrown off by her question. I thought I made it clear to her that we were over for good this time.

"No. Why'd you ask that?" My voice mirrored my confusion.

"Well if you're not back with him, who had you hitting those high notes then?" She asked as the smirk crept back onto her face. I on the other hand turn red with embarrassment. I thought she wasn't at home. She must've read the look on my face.

"I forgot my outfit and some other stuff so I came back to get them. I was coming to your room to get that moisturizer you borrowed from me when I overheard you." She winked mischievously.

"Oh uhm, well it was my ex, sort of. It's complicated." I stuttered which caused her to erupt in laughter.

"I hear you girl. Do you boo. Is he still here though? You know I gotta meet him." She said.

"Yeah. He's still asleep." .

"Ooo girl, you must really put it on him." She said a little too loudly.

"Stop! Nothing like that happened." I said in a hushed tone. She then threw her head back in laughter, hopped off the stool and proceeded to her bedroom. That girl was a hot mess I swear.

I spent the bulk of my morning cleaning up the apartment and lounging around. I was patiently waiting for Lance to wake up so we could decide what do to with the rest of our day, granted that he was staying. It was around 11:45a.m when he finally strolled out to the living room where I was and plopped down on the couch next to me. The smell of axe and cocoa butter permeated my nostrils letting me know that he'd taken a shower, with my soap. He sported a pair a grey sweatpants and a white tshirt. I assumed he came prepared to spend the weekend since he had a change of clothes.

"Morning sweetness." He crooned as he draped his arm over my shoulders and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, did you bathe with my soap?" I asked, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

He chuckled," Yeah I did. I forgot to pack mine." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Well at least now you smell nice." I said jokingly.

"Whatever man. A brotha is hungry. What you got to eat?" He queried.

"We can go out for lunch." I suggested while placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Aight, let's do it." He agreed, as he got up and sped to my room to get dressed for the weather since the temperature was starting to get noticeably lower. To his ensemble he added a blue sweatshirt, black beanie and timberland boots. I decided on a pair of adidas sweatpants, yellow sweatshirt and wheat timberlands. Once we were dressed, we were on our way. We ended up going to a quiet, little cafe/restaurant about fifteen minutes away from my apartment.