37. Where's Félix?

The finale is here! This is Part 1! 

Disclaimer: How did I get this one out so fast? I've kinda had 90% of it already done for months now.... While I do have stuff already written for the following 3 chapters, it's not nearly as fleshed out as this one was, so those won't be out nearly as fast as this one

_____

Yawning, Monique headed over to the kitchen where she found Claude happily whistling while setting the table for breakfast.

"Morning!" he greeted. The sunlight that spilled in from the window was making his brown hair look gold.

Monique smirked, "You look mighty pleased with yourself," she noted while leaning on the doorway.

"Well of course!" Claude gestured for her to sit down next to him, "My life is going great right now! Plus, last night was pretty fun," As Monique approached him, he pulled her close and gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek, "Not to mention Félix and I are finally getting along, and we all love each other!" He sat down at the table enthusiastically. Not to mention the little surprise he and Félix had planned for later!

Monique smiled and sat down as well, reaching for some toasted bread.

"Speaking of," Claude continued, "where is the famed prodological son?"

Monique looked up from putting some jam on her toast, "Last I heard from him, he was almost here. I figured he must've forgotten something and come back after we fell asleep."

"Hmm," Claude took a sip from his milk-coffee, "Félix is usually an early bird," he eyed the guest room.

"I hope he's sleeping in for once," Monique sighed. "Unfortunately, it's become common for him to deprive himself of sleep these past few years. I think he believes he deserves it as a punishment of sorts."

Claude stood up and crept over to the guest room and cracked the door open. Expecting for the room to be dark, Claude peeked in as to not disturb Félix with the light, however, the window curtains were open, and the room was alit, even the bed was tidely made.

Claude shook his head chuckling, "Well I think M Fluff brain also left while we were still sleeping!"

Monique groaned, "Not again!"

Claude sat down cheerily, "It gives him such a mysterious vibe, I love it! Don't you?"

"No."

They continued with their breakfast when Monique clicked her tongue pensively. "Wait a second..."

"Wha?" Claude asked with a mouthful of fruit.

"Félix wanted to take us somewhere this morning, why would he not be here?" Monique glanced at the room.

Claude swallowed what he was chewing, "Maybe he had to set something up?" he offered. Shoot, would that give away the surprise that he was planning to propose? Félix had told him it would take him a little time to get everything ready, and he'd text him when it was done. Although it was strange that he'd deviate from the meeting up with them at Claude's apartment as had been planned...

Monique gave him an, 'are you kidding me?' look, "Come on, you know whatever it is Félix has prepared he would've gotten it ready yesterday morning, at the very latest."

Claude held out his hand, as if gesturing for Monique to wait, "I've got this," he put another strawberry in his mouth and pulled out his phone.

Monique giggled, "Did you reinstall that stalkers app on his phone again?"