11. Paws' dad has duck butt hair

I really need to start pacing myself throughout the week instead of trying to cram-write the chapter on weekends and releasing it late on mondays ;-;

I will take a note!

I also DID have this ready to go last night, but because I'm not naturally a sarcastic, snarky, or sassy person (usually? I think I'm pretty selective about my sass because once I had a co-worker who said my defining characteristic was how sassy I was, but he's literally the only person who's ever said that about me so -shrug- maybe I just thought he deserved sass all the time? I digress) so it wasn't snarky enough for Félix. And I'm definitely the kind of person who can only come up with a nice comeback the day after, so I thought I'd sleep on it, and then come back today and voilà, Félix is now sassy.

I thought I'd rather have it be a little late, but a better quality, than what it was originally

So there ya go!

I will try to pace myself throughout the week and try to get future chapters out on time

___________

"Félix, a moment?" My mom called from her room mere seconds before I left through the door.

Exchanging quick glances with Fuko, I turned to face her. She was in her bedroom's doorway wearing some bathrobes as she usually wore when getting ready in the mornings. I was surprised she was up so early to be honest. I always made a point of leaving early to keep as much bad luck out of her day as possible.

"What?"

She walked towards me, "I'd like you to be home early today, Claude's going to be here and we have something we'd like to tell you together," she could barely suppress her smile.

I tilted my head, "What are you two officially together now?"

My mom furrowed her brows, "Surely I'm not that easy to read!"

"Well gee, why else would you and your non-boyfriend go out for dinner on Valentine's day, it's not exactly hard to put together," I said completely deadpan. "Congratulations," I continued on with a bored tone.

"Are you okay with this?" she asked.

I pressed my lips together for a moment. Honestly, I was just hoping that Claude wasn't just a toxic person that Fuko's bad luck managed to summon. "Just make sure you know what you're doing," I muttered before leaving.

"I still want you back early!" My mom called after me as I shut the door.

"Monique and Claude, sitting in a tree-," Fuko began singing. Upon my irritated glare, she drooped her ears submissively and went silent.

"Tell me Fuko," I asked as I walked to work, "Can your bad luck summon demons in the form of handsome men?"

"I don't know, but that would explain so much!" Fuko laid on my shoulder loaf-style. "You've been unusually chipper these past few weeks!" She told me, "Is there anything you're not telling me?" I suspect, if cats had eyebrows, Fuko would be wiggling hers at me.

"Fuko, you're by my side 24/7, you know what goes on in my life. What are you implying?"

"Is there a special someone in your life that I don't know about?!" she kept going on playfully.

"Yes, of course," I rolled my eyes, "NO!" I snapped. "Have you met me?!"

"Such a shame," Fuko teased, "they could take the ring off for you."

I turned a corner, "So I want to get rid of you because you continuously ruin my life with bad luck, but why do you want to get rid of me?" I asked.