5. Never Let the Flying Magical Spirit Cat That Embodies Bad Luck Bite You

This chapter reveals a lot about Félix's past as well as one other thing ;) whoever wants to look for those clues

__________________

"Fuko!" I glared at the spirit cat.

"I'm sorry!!!!" her ears drooped sadly.

"I can't believe this," I muttered getting down on the floor and laying on my stomach. I peered under the stove and to my dismay, it was pitch black. "Let me guess, my bad luck for today is getting to work late because some stupid cat decided to play with my keys and accidentally threw them under the stove!!"

"It really was an accident!!" Fuko insisted.

I reached under the stove and began feeling around for my keys. "Mon oiel!" I snapped at her. Thank goodness my mom had left for work early and left me free to talk to Fuko.

"I'll help you then!" she snapped back at me and squeezed under the stove.

"No! Fuko!" I tried blocking her with my arm already under there, "You'll just cause more bad luck!"

"Between the two of us, which of us has night vision."

"Fine!" grumbling unintelligibly, furiously, I also kept looking for the keys, feeling around with my hand.

"I found it!!" Fuko declared, and her voice was followed by a jingle.

Something hit my hand.

"AH A MOUSE!" Fuko screeched, next thing I knew, something sharp pricked my finger.

"Ow!" I recoiled my arm to me and sat up, examining my hand. My pinky had some teeth-marks on it, and little tiny beads of blood were coming from them.

Fuko came out from under the stove, completely covered in dust, but with my keys hanging from her mouth. However, upon seeing me, Fuko dropped the keys, "Oh no! That was you?!" She floated over and looked at my bite.

"Please tell me that you weren't the one who bit me..."

"Uh oh...."

I sighed, irritated, grabbed my keys and stood up. "Run it by me again then, since this is the first time this has actually happened, incredibly," I told her as I washed my small, but new cut with some soap.

"Run what by you?" Fuko watched me.

I walked to the bathroom, and I hesitantly peeked in. Ugh... I hated mirrors. As quickly as I could I grabbed the disinfectant and a band-aid and went back to the kitchen, "Uh, what happens if you bite me, you once mentioned it might make me sick right?"

"Oh! That!" Fuko remembered, "Right, um well, me being the embodiment of bad luck and all, if I ever bite anyone, I insert some of the negative energy that's inside of me into them. And well um... Others' bodies aren't as suited for negative energy like mine. Even just a small amount of it is hard to adjust to. Remember when you first put on the ring, you had a high fever for a week?"

"Considering I was unconscious because of it, no, no I do not," I spat out bitterly while putting away the first aid kit.

"Oh right... that was when...." Fuko cleared her throat awkwardly, "Your brother... Right, ahem. Moving on..."

I left the apartment with Fuko on my shoulder.

"Well luckily, your body is a lot more accustomed to negative energy now, and you might only get a little sick."

"How much is a little sick?"

"I dunno. But I doubt you'll have a high fever all week. Maybe it's just like a couple days or something."