14. Things can always get worse, can't it?

Sorry, this is one of the shorter ones

Also, I may or may not have gotten slightly sidetracked with writing this because my stupid brain gave me yet another freaking idea for an awesome and cool story (not even including what I'm writing for Félix right now, me and my friend made a count of all the books I want to write for my stories, and it's a whopping 20, and that's not even counting the spinoffs and extras I have planned for them! I even have three different docs full of story ideas that I'm too lazy to try and develop now because I have too many ideas floating around in my head and can't get to them right now) 

Quick count (including this story I'm doing), I have Félix's story (1). 1 for another story, (2) after that I was thinking of writing either the 4 book one (6) or the one that's 5 books (11), after that another story will probably have 2-3 books (13-14), then let's see, pretty sure I had a graphic novel planned that'll be three books (16-17), after that I have another three books to do about a cat that can shapeshift (19-20) OH I CAN'T BELIEVE I ALMOST FORGOT!! There's a novel I already wrote for NaNoWriMo and I'm making some illustrations for it and am currently trying to figure out the publishing process (20-21) and now I suddenly have another story I really want to do, and remember that first story I mentioned after Félix's, well as far as a spinoff series go, I'm already up to like 4 books, and that's not counting an extra book that explains all the world lore and history (yeah that story doesn't even take place on earth, it's an alternate earth with a different name, different continents- I'm just going to shut up now and let you read Chapter 14 wow I'm sorry for rambling O_o)

_______________

Paws and Nino were doing their homework in the library under my tutelage. Mme Dubois had tried to make me go home after the fire that happened yesterday. I told her I needed to keep my mind busy on other things and she seemed to accept that answer.

Truth be told, I felt like I had to be as far away as possible from my mom and Claude while they deal with insurances and other such matters. Fuko's bad luck was likely still in effect. At least at the school, Paws' ring could absorb some of it.

"Hey Félix," Paws asked me while I slowly filed away books. "How many years did the hundred year war actually last again?"

I pushed the book onto the shelf, "One hundred sixteen."

"Thanks!"

"Dude, where do you keep all of this information?" Nino asked.

I grabbed another book from the cart and ignored his question.

Nino fidgeted in his seat, "Something wrong dude? That was like primo opportunity to make fun of me."

Before I could angrily snap back at him, Paws elbowed his friend warningly and whispered in his ear. Nino's eyes widened slightly and he immediately went back to his homework, nervously glancing at me.

Paws gave me a reassuring smile and leaned over his homework too.

The library doors opened and in entered the black haired girl with pigtails. Marinette right? Eh who cares, I wasn't about to greet her. I wasn't on desk duty right now.

When she turned, her eyes widened at the sight of Paws. Marinette immediately tripped and fell flat on her face.

"You okay Marinette?" Paws asked. Clearly, Paws and Nino had noticed and were looking at her concerned.

"Forget to tie shoes this morning?" I asked her dryly.

She smiled sheepishly at me and immediately got back up, "Uh, what?! No! I'm fine!! Actually," Marinette glanced down, "I don't think I wear shoelaces."