9. Fuko's Talent is Breaking Things

Sorry, I accidentally posted this on Sunday instead of Saturday, AGAIN -shameful squeaky noises- 

Anywho, this one is on the shorter side. I hope you're all ready for Dark Cupid for next time!

_________________________________

"Oh no," Mme Dubois said at the sight of multiple students at the study tables. "I guess it's that time of year again," she shook her head.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Every year, Mme Mendelieve has this difficult unit and all of the students come here hoping to see if any of our books can shed some extra light on the subject. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to science so I'm never of any help to them I'm afraid." Mme Dubois looked at the students sympathetically before heading back to her original activity.

I made a face at the students. Surely it couldn't be that hard. I could understand a student or two not having a science based mind, but everybody?

"Watcha thinkin?" Fuko asked me.

"Something weird is going on," I muttered.

"Félix," Mme Dubois called, "Can you keep an eye on things until I get back?"

"Of course," I nodded at her while she was at the door. I decided to sit at the front desk to have a better view of the entire library.

After working at the schools for five months, I was definitely starting to recognize students. I didn't really know most of their names, but I could recognize faces. It was also interesting how much of a personal style that most students seemed to have on a daily basis, like only wearing a certain color.

"Hey Félix!" Paws waved at me from across the library.

I gave him a curt nod in response and watched as he and his friend Nino found a table to work at themselves.

I drummed my fingers impatiently on the desk. It seemed that none of the students were coming up for help, which meant I could shelf books as an excuse to see what they were working on that was so hard.

I looked at the section Paws and Nino were at, then grabbed a half empty cart that had books in that area.

"Sneaky sneaky!" Fuko immediately caught on.

I peered over my shoulder occasionally as I put the few books on the shelf.

"No no no! You're doing it all wrong!" I snapped from behind Nino and Paws. The pair jumped, "You're putting the variables in the wrong places! Mass goes over volume!"

Paws gave me a face and looked down at his work, "That's what we did!" he pointed at an incorrect problem in his defense.

"Mass uses grams as measurement! Not meters square! That's volume!" I told him.

"What?" Paws raised an eyebrow and grabbed his instruction sheet and looked it over. "I'm not seeing anything that's referring to that..."

"Give me the sheet," I ordered him, holding out my hand expectantly. Paws gently handed me the sheet and I looked it over. "Well no wonder you guys are doing it all wrong! These instructions are trash! They're even confusing me!" I flipped the paper on the backside and took Paws' nearby pencil and wrote out some things for them. D=M/V, all variations of it, the whole K/H/D/M/D/C/M chart for the metric system, and wrote which unites of measure served for which variable. I handed the paper back to Paws, "THIS is what you need to know in order to do it correctly."

Paws took the sheet and looked over what I wrote, "I didn't know you were good at calligraphy," he noted with a smile, "This does make a lot more sense," he agreed.