29. NO. AKUMAS. IN THE LIBRARY

I'm sorry for missing yesterday guys, (and today sort of). I had a really stressful day yesterday ranging between my mom stressing out with computer issues, needing my help, about 2 hours of a phone call to the company for help, etc etc, from some company that deals with human trafficking hacking the phone of an old friend of mine and texting me trying to scam me (It was really kind of scary tbh)

I mean I'm fine, nothing physically happened. But you know when something suspicious happens and you just feel upset and scared and you're not sure what's going to happen next? Yeah... It was super weird. What tipped me off though was that this was a friend I haven't spoken to in years and suddenly they want to offer me a really vague job, and personality is totally off and not what I remember them as? Plus some other things... After talking to another close friend about it, she said that she's seen this scam before, and told me it was related to human-trafficking. Yeah... it was pretty scary. Had to watch a miraculous episode AND Coco in order to completely calm down. (Oh, and hang out with this super sweet cat I'm cat-sitting. She made me feel TONS better)

As such, I just. I'm sorry. I hate doing filler, I had something totally epic and fun planned for this chapter, but I just couldn't write it out? The whole Human-trafficking scam left me pretty shaken up. So I do apologize, this chapter is short, not my best writing, AND kinda filler (I tried saving it at the end, but EH), but I hope you guys get a good giggle or two out of it. 

See you next week!

___

"So what's going on after school today?" Théo asked while packing up his things.

"Some movie, video competition I think?" I rolled my eyes. "There's a chance they need to film in the library I think, so I have to stay a little longer today." I told him, "You can go if you want though."

"Are you sure? You don't need any extra pair of hands?" He asked me.

I sat at the front desk, and put my feet on the table, "Nah, I'm just going to relax here until they're all done."

Théo nodded, then waved farewell.

"Can I do the special effects?!" Fuko asked excitedly.

"Absolutely not," I leaned back and supported my head.

Fuko pouted, "Please?!"

"No!" I snapped, "You'll ruin the movie!"

"But I heard that your precious Paws is playing the love-interest! It'd be safe! C'mon!"

I straightened sternly, "And when exactly did you find this out?" I crossed my arms.

"Uhhh..."

"Did you sneak off without permission again?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Hey! Look at all these books that still need to be filed!"

I grabbed her by the scruff as she tried zooming past me, "Nice try, but they're all already put away."

Fuko smiled sheepishly.

I sighed, exasperated, "If you want to get off the hook, bring me the novel that's in my bag."

"That's it?" Fuko asked.

"This time," I rolled my eyes at her.

Fuko giggled excitedly and zoomed off. She returned awkwardly balancing the book on her back.

I caught the book when it slipped off, hoping I hadn't eternally cursed it or something. I opened up to chapter four. The inciting incident was just around the corner, I was sure of it. Adventure books tended to be very formulaic.