20. Even Superheroes Use Bathrooms

Okay, wow. I actually had this 70% done the monday after Thanksgiving break, and then finals hit me like a highspeed train. I know that I essays are expected out of an English major, but seriously, having two essays that are 7-10 pages in length due are not fun to write! I'm still sleep deprived!! But wow, my marching band went traveling on the last few days of finals (another reason why I'm so stressed out, I had to reschedule a couple finals!) and let me just tell ya, Trombones are super fun to be around, but sometimes they do some really weird stuff! Like now I've got a really funny story to tell people involving Trombones and acorns. (Don't ask)

Anyways, I'm excited for these next couple chapters! I've got some good stuff planned! Evilistrator is coming up soon! I get to have uber mega fun with felix bad mouthing a certain someone, what felix's mom told him will be revealed, oh this is so exciting!! 

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for the 800+ views?! Like WOW!! I'm so touched! thank you so much! Also, I found out some people have been binge-reading this and like, again, I'm super touched, I had no idea my writing was binge-worthy! 

On a quick note, apparently one of my readers is from FRANCE?! I'm honestly freaking out?! Like, I have a french citizenship myself, and I've taken plenty of french classes through out my life, so I'm trying very hard to make the culture feel authentic and very frenchy (since I grew up in america, not france), BUT NOW THAT SOMEONE FROM FRANCE IS READING THIS IM JUST. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PRESSURE'S ON!!! I will try to keep this as frenchy as possible!! 

Anyways, thank you guys so much! I love you! Expect new chapters to be released on Mondays while I'm on winter break!

_________________

Honestly, I was still shocked at having accepted Paws' request to play my cello for him. I had no idea how it happened. I hadn't even told my mom yet, and I wasn't quite sure I was going to. I didn't even know why, I just flat out refused to.

I gave myself a small shake. I was at work now, I needed to focus. I went back to reshelving books. I guess a part of me was also worried at what the heck Fuko was doing since it had been a while since she wandered off.

When I went into the next aisle, I saw that somebody was trying to do some studying before school started. The boy looked familiar... he came here to check out a lot of art books. What was his name again? I searched my memories for the name that came up when he gave me his ID to check out books. Ah yes, that's right, Nathaniel.

"So," I asked him as I filed books next to his table, "What's the little artist doing here at this early in the morning?" I asked him casually.

Nathaniel jumped. Clearly, he hadn't been expecting me. "Oh Félix!" he saw me nervously, "You're not going to um, make fun of me are you?"

I raised an eyebrow at him, "That depends... What are you doing?"

Nathaniel sighed and plopped his head down on the desk, "Mme Mendeliev said that drawing isn't a good skill to have, unlike understanding science. So I'm here trying to understand it but..."

I scowled at that. The world often took artists for granted, not realizing that they lived in an artistic world. "You know what someone told me once?" I asked Nathaniel.

"What?" he asked me uninterested, his chin now resting at the table as he gazed emptily across the library.

"Anyone can draw," I said.

Nathaniel immediately looked up and glared at me. I didn't blame him, in a way I had completely devalued his skill. I almost expected him to rebuff or argue back, but he could see I wasn't done talking.

I continued, "but if that is true, why doesn't the world have master artists like Leonardo da Vinci or Michelangelo running around?"

He glanced down at his sketchbook, as if the answer to my question would be there, but when it did not provide him with answers, Nathaniel looked back up to me.