34. Paws Goes on a Date

Hello everyone! Sorry for not updating yesterday! Had 10 people over at my very tiny home and preparing, and cleaning took a lot more of my free time than I thought it was going to. 

Here's the chapter!

________________________

"Alright you nerds," I gave the T.V. a hearty slap, "all set up." I took a few steps away from it to insert the game into the console.

"Um, aren't you a nerd?" I heard Alya try to backfire my insult at me.

"Well of course not," I straightened, "I'm far above the rankings of mere nerds and geeks. I'm the insufferable-know-it-all," I smirked at her.

Nino who had been nonchalantly drinking water, suddenly squirt all of that water out of his nose and began laughing. I was very proud at the other surrounding students who were also snickering.

Alya gave me a few laughs before asking, "Alright I give, what's the difference?"

"Well obviously I dress better," I made a show of my business casual outfit.

"Nice pose Félix!" Paws jeered, "Maybe you should come modeling with me!"

"Yeah you wish," I shook my head, although I couldn't keep myself from smiling, "Alright you guys, game's ready to go, start your try-outs."

"Thank you so much Félix!" Mme Dubois thanked me while M Damocles nodded in agreement. "I don't know anything about these games."

I shrugged, "No problem. So what, they've got an hour?" I asked M Damocles.

"Yes," he affirmed, "then we can close the library and you can go home!" he clasped my shoulder good naturedly.

"Great, yes," I replied deadpan. Before our conversation could continue, there was a surprised shriek from the students. The three of us snapped our heads to find a couple of students were covered in... books.

"FÉLIIIIIIIIIIX YOU'RE GHOST CAT IS HERE!" one of them cried out.

My eyes drifted upwards and sure enough, Fuko was hovering next to the bookshelf, laughing her head off.

"FUKO!" I stormed over to her.

"Uh oh!" she zoomed down the another aisle.

"KNOCK IT OFF!" I ran after her through the shelves.

"I am knocking them off! Off the shelves!" Fuko taunted me.

"That's not what I meant and you know it!" I pointed my finger at her angrily.

In retaliation, Fuko knocked the all of the books off of a single shelf, and then stuck her tongue out at me.

"I just filed those!" I grumbled, assessing the damage. Fuko had now settled herself on top of a bookshelf and was grooming herself. Well, she'd probably not cause any more trouble for at least an hour.

Alya peaked from behind the shelves with Nino, giggling, "Need some help there Noodle-brain?"

I shook my head sighing, "Nah, it's fine, go get started on that competition," I waved them off, heading towards the back room to get a cart to re-file the books.

As I walked, I heard Mme Dubois whisper to M Damocles confused, "What just...?"

"You missed a lot," was all he answered. I couldn't help but snort, I forgot that Mme Dubois hadn't met Fuko.

*****

The tournament was almost over, I had taken a break from cleaning up Fuko's mess to watch Paws competing. At least I had managed to finish filing the books