23. Reporter at School

Hello everyone! just some maintenance notes and heads ups! 

Second semester is going to start soon for me. Again, I want to try and keep up with this during the semester. Ideally, I'd be updating on SATURDAY (new week day release time) every single week. If that gets too intense, then I'll aim for every other Saturday/every two weeks on saturday. If I'm still getting overrun by everything, then it'll either become a "whenever I can update" or it'll become a full out hiatus. 

Next semester is going to be even fuller for me because I'll be doing TWO bands as well as a creative writing course AND workshop (among other classes) However, it's not marching band, which means I won't be slammed every single weekend with a 10hour chunk out of my day

then again... I am getting a job next semester, so.... eh? 

I'll keep you guys updated! 

Next chapter will be with another akuma, and this one is extra interesting because it involves a library book!! 

_______________________

Zara's eyes flashed before my mind's eye once again. Our strange meeting had only been last night, and I couldn't get it out of my head.

The image was still clear in my mind. Her face tinged blue by the darkening sky, for once looking at me with genuine concern rather than sadistic glee, or fake emotions. "There's something I need to warn you about. It's not what you think. Just listen to me..."

If I concentrated on my left arm, I could imagine a phantom touch at the place where she had grabbed me. I subconsciously simulated it with my own hand. Of course it wasn't the same, but I still felt the same chills that I had gotten that night.

Something felt off about this whole thing... What could Zara possibly have been trying to warn me about that Fuko wouldn't have already? And also, the proximity that our faces had been... We had been close enough to-to...

"Félix you there?" A hand waved in front of my face. The interrupted thought dissipated from my mind as fast as it had materialized, but the discomfort behind it remained.

I jumped, startled. "Oh, Mme Dubois," I gave her a nod. I was sitting at the check out desk since more students from different classes had come up to check out books for their science project. The school day had barely begun. "And M Damocles, bonjour," I just realized the principal was there as well. "Need anything?"

Mme Dubois looked at me concerned, "Everything alright? It seemed your head was in the clouds, it's not like you to get distracted."

I shrugged. It wasn't really clouds, but more like black, turbulent waters in an ocean during a stormy night, but that didn't really matter, "Just thinking about some things..."

Mme Dubois exchanged glances with M Damocles uncertainly.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, already dreading what they might tell me.

"Well you see, I need to take an unexpected leave of absence for a couple weeks," Mme Dubois explained, "and M Damocles and I wanted to leave you in charge of the library, but seeing your expression just now... Is something serious going on in your life too?"

My eyes widened surprised, "Oh no, everything's fine. Are you alright though?"

Mme Dubois waved it off, "Oh I'm sure things will be fine on my end!" she assured me, "But can we count on you to take charge while I'm out?" she asked.

"Yeah, that's fine," I agreed. I leaned my head on my hand casually while we spoke.

Mme Dubois made a little excited, jittery hop, "Oh see! I told you we hired the right person!" She gave M Damocles an excited arm shove.