31. I Fight a Bear. Kinda

I mean to post this earlier, I'm sorry! Please enjoy!

______

I rubbed my temple gingerly. I had a tiny headache going on and I was not happy about it. "Tell me Fuko, do you also have a bad feeling about today or is it just me?"

Fuko grumbled from atop my shoulder. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite hear or understand what she was saying.

Just as I was about to enter the school I caught Nino crouching down with his hands over his head while Paws was behind him. I approached, "Is he going to vomit or is he pretending he's a rock?"

Paws laughed, "Nah, he just tried talking to his crush and it didn't go so well," he explained.

"Dude!" Nino shot up and glared at Paws.

"Oh. Lame," I sniffed.

"Hey!" Nino retaliated.

Paws grinned, "Relax Nino, we've got your back! We'll help you get a date with her!" he gave Nino a thumbs up.

"Why are you including me in this? Love is overrated, I want none of it," I narrowed my eyes at Paws.

Paws gave me some puppy eyes, "Aww come on, who else better to chaperone us than my big brother?" he even pouted for extra effect.

"I hate you so much right now," I caved.

Paws brightened, "Thank you Félix!" he offered a fist bump to Nino, who happily returned it. Then they both turned to me with their fists.

"Uh no," I brushed past them to head to the library, "I draw the line at fist bumps."

"Meet us during lunch in the front!" Paws called after me.

"Will do."

"We're going to accidentally ruin everything, aren't we?" Fuko lamented from my shoulder.

"Yup. At least I don't have anything explosive on me today." Had to look at the bright side, right?

Today was going to be a long day if the painkiller I just took didn't take effect soon. As annoying as Fuko was when she was feeling fine, she'd be even worse if she was feeling just as under the weather as I was.

As I went up the steps to the library, I heard some people talking excitedly inside. I was so not in the mood to prattle people off...

Although when I stepped through, my jaw dropped open in surprise, "Mme Dubois! You're back!"

She was standing there, chatting merrily with Théo and M Damocles. She turned and waved at me, "Félix! Good to see you! I see you've taken good care of my library for me!"

"Of course."

"And you added a new rule? I quite approve!" she laughed.

"We can only handle so many bookshelves falling over."

Mme Dubois came and gave me a big hug, "Thank you so much for covering! Everything has been sorted out, and now I'm back!"

*****

"Félix!" Paws spotted me as I reached the bottom of the stairs. He ran to me, grabbed my arm and dragged me over to Nino. Lunch time. My headache was gone! Hooray! But I had a hunch I was about to have a bigger problem on my hands.

I eyed their hiding place. "You guys are really doing this, aren't you?" I shook my head at them.

They both nodded eagerly, "It's time to teach Nino everything you taught me!" Paws pushed Nino in my direction.