Only Girl In The World

Start from the beginning

I grabbed the throw pillows and threw them at him.

"I don't think she wants a mustache ride bro." Demi giggled.

"Whatever. The roadie does." Johnny said as he glanced at Demi's guitar tech, Brian.

Brian responded by climbing onto Johnny and trying to hump his face. Demi and I were both laughing.

"I'm not a roadie. I'm a technician." Brian smirked as he continued to harass Johnny.

"Help! I'm being humped by a roadie." Johnny screamed.

"I'm gonna bounce bro." Demi said. "Enjoy that." She added.

She stood up then grabbed both my hands and pulled me with her.

"Walk with me." She smiled.

She led me to the nosebleeds and we sat and watched as people milled about the venue and prepared it for tonight's show.

"Where's that boyfriend of yours?" She asked casually.

"Taking a nap." I answered.

"Ah. Smart guy." She nodded.

"Did you enjoy your nudes?" I said with a grin.

She laughed. "Fuck you!"

"You didn't specify." I shrugged.

"You knew what I meant." She said.

She glanced over at me and made eye contact. She had this way of just holding you with her eyes. I literally couldn't move when she would look at me like this. She licked her lips and turned away.

"Send nudes is a very generic request." I stated.

She smiled and pushed her hand through her hair.

"I hope I didn't offend or anything." She said being serious. "I would never purposely disrespect you."

"I know." I said softly.

I traced the outline of the tattoos on her forearm with my finger.

"Happy birthday Sel." She grinned, as she pulled a small box out of her pocket.

"So that's what you had in your pocket. And to think this whole time I just thought you were happy to see me." I joked.

"Open it!" She said as she broke out into a smile.

I opened the box and found two matching bracelets. They were beautiful.

"Demi..." I gasped.

"You like them?" She asked before biting her bottom lip.

"Yes....." I breathed.

I took one out and handed it to her.

"Put it on me."

She took it and clasped it on my wrist. Once she finished I grabbed her arm and pulled it toward me. She gave me a questioning look, I simply smiled and clasped the second one on her wrist.

"Sel..."

"Don't take it off." I warned.

"Fine." She sighed.

She looked happy. I could tell she was happy because I was happy. I think that was the first time that I realized how sweet she really was. She hid a lot of herself behind her humor and rock star persona. Quiet moments with her will always be some of my most cherished memories.

"Thank you."

I leaned over and gave her a hug. She pulled me in close and I pretty much just melted. She kissed my cheek and pulled away.