18. Prelude to a Kiss

Author's Note: Here is a short little chapter to prelude to the big one that I'm working on :D a little taste! Hope you enjoy! Comments and votes please :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Nathan's POV

            I need to get my head in the game.

Everly's POV

             I need to stop thinking about him. Right now.

Nathan's POV

             I am NOT falling for Everly. No. Absolutely not.

Everly's POV

            Me? Fall for Nathan? HA HA ha....no way.

 Nathan's POV

             I made a plan. I made a promise to myself. Hit it and quit it. Make her feel stupid for falling for me. End of.

Everly's POV

          I can tell there is something off, he isn't opening up to me anymore. I can't let this happen now. Not after we built this friendship. That kiss was a close call. I just can't allow myself to get hurt again. Not like last time.

Nathan's POV

            Closing myself off is my only defense to get my head back in the game. I can't back down now. I've already made so much progress. If she wasn't so damn...beautiful...hilarious...perfect...so damn irritating I might not have this fucking problem.

Everly's POV

           If he wasn't so fucking gorgeous and perfectly imperfect...and so fucking annoying all the damn time I might stand a fucking chance against his charm. The more he pulls away, the more I want to know why. Why can't I be his?

Nathan's POV

             I need to find something to distract me from her. Quickly too. I'm going to get past this. I have to. No emotions. Stick to the plan Nathan, stick to the plan.

Everly's POV

            I need to find some way to distract myself from him but I don't know what to do! I can't allow myself to have any more emotions. Get him out of your head Everly, get him out of your head.

Nathan's and Everly's POV

             Tonight. Tonight I will keep to my promise.

Nathan's POV

             I will not kiss Everly tonight.

Everly's POV

             I will not fucking kiss Nathan tonight.

Nathan's and Everly's POV

              Nope! Not me...not tonight.