Chapter 44

"Joker..." Ciel glared.

"Please come in." Joker bowed as he moved to the side to let the trio in.

Upon walking to the center of the room warily, the lights on the candles came on. Around the room revealed doll-like puppets hanging everywhere.

"This is...!!" Ciel muttered.

"This way." The orange-haired man said as he guided them up the stairs.

Red lagged behind the two as they were in their own talk of discussing their plan. She gazed at the dolls in terror, until chuckles caught her attention.

"Looks like there's a touch o' truth to the saying that folks aren't always as they seem." Joker said, addressing to the young earl. "Ye've got such a little body yet your stage names are 'The Queen's Watchdog' and 'The Aristocrat of Evil'. Must've 'ad a rough go of it, eh, Smile?"

"That's EARL Ciel Phantomhive to you. A mere servant is in no position to speak to me in such a familiar manner."

"Ye are indeed a noble aristocrat." Joker shrugged then looked at Red. "What about ye, Angel? Who are ye really?"

"I'm just an undertaker's daughter, like I told you."

They all stopped at the entrance to a door. With an emotionless look, Joker opened it to reveal a dining room, set up to face a stage across from it. Joker then guided the earl to his seat then Red, who was beside him. Sebastian stood behind his master with a frown.

"I believe he has arrived." He whispered as the door opened again.

A man covered in bandages, but in a suit, rolled in on a wheelchair as it creaked. A heavy blush on his face as he smiled.

"Y-You've come at last, Earl Phantomhive! It's like a dream! To have you so close to me! Though, I am most ashamed to see you as I am..."

"...Are you Baron Kelvin, sir?" Ciel asked, pushing his disgust away.

"I am. I must say your formality is making me feel most self-conscious!" His eyes then drifted over to Red, who stared at the stage with narrowed eyes. "Tonya...?"

Flinching, she looked at the man and asked, "Pardon?"

"Is it you...Tonya?"

"Sir, I'm afraid you have the wrong woman. My name is Red."

"I know that hair and necklace anywhere, they both belonged to Tonya...though you say you aren't her...that must make you her daughter!"

Clenching her fist, her eyes narrowed more at the man, "My mother is dead. Do kindly refrain from talking about her."