Chapter 41

The sun had just risen to the sky, though no one had woken up yet. In the medical tent, a cold hand with black nails rested on Ciel's forehead, causing him to wake up.

"Se...tian...?" Ciel mumbled.

"Good morning. It seems your fever has broken." Sebastian smiled as he whispered. "How are you feeling?"

"Not great, but better than yesterday." He replied, coughing.

"Ah, was it because of Miss Red?"

Not even glancing up, he knew his butler was smirking. Looking at the tall demon, he glared.

"Shut up."

"Please have some water."

Sebastian leaned over and poured water into his master's mouth, his master still glaring. Looking at his butler's hands, he noticed them without gloves.

"What happened to your gloves? Your nails and the seal of the contract are showing."

"Oh. I am afraid I got them a little dirty." He smiled not so innocently. (Yeah right you no good-)

"Well, that aside, I do hope you took care of the errand I left to you?"

"Yes, indeed." Sebastian then picked up both his master and a sleeping Red, who were stuck together due to someone clinging onto the other. "Come. There is no need to linger here further. Let us make our exit while everyone is breaking their fast. (What. Just what.) We can talk at leisure once we have returned to the townhouse."

As they exited the tent, they saw William up ahead in his working attire instead of his circus outfit. Walking past him Sebastian was the only one to speak.

"We have finished with our business, so we will take our leave."

"As long as you are with your owner, I don't give a toss where you go. I can't say the same for the girl in your arms, but I know how stubborn she can be. Therefore, good-bye, and good riddance." He said bluntly before sighing when they had finally left. "Now I can relax and get down to my own business."

The trio arrived at the townhouse where they were greeted with-

"Ciel!!" Soma screamed in joy upon seeing the boy before lowering his voice at the sight of Red asleep. "You went off for two whole days without a word to me!! Just a little longer, and I would've asked the police to send out a search party!!"

"It's none of your business." Ciel replied before being interrupted by a coughing fit.

"What's wrong with you? You look pale."

"It's nothing. Leave me alone."