Chapter 28

When Red entered the kitchen, the sight before her nearly startled her. Eyes closed and an eyebrow twitching in irritation, she faced the direction the demon was standing.

"Sebastian. Michaelis." At the sound of the female's tone and the use of his last name, he knew that he was in deep-

"Would you care to explain why the others are lying about looking as if they're in a coma and why Soma looks ready to pass out on that table?!!?" She shouted as she stomped directly in front of him.

"M-Miss Red...I can assure you that they are all right, they have just been taste testing the different curries I have prepared." He replied.

"I think I'm full up to the gills with curry..." Soma mumbled.

"Come, the next curry awaits." Sebastian says, ignoring the presence of the raging female and Soma's mumbling. "I added Cardamom and garlic."

Soma perked up at the curry placed before him, rising up he said, "Th-This curry is different from all the others I've had today..."

Sebastian looked at the prince in question as the red headed female was glaring daggers into the back of his head as she was rubbing Finny's back. Picking up part of the curry, Soma tasted it and his eyes widened at the imaginary sight before him.

This is-!, he thought as the sight of an Indian palace surrounded him, dancers everywhere. A familiar scene-This is my palace. Then the one beside me is...Ag...

The scenery fades, leaving the imaginary version of Agni to be Sebastian instead.

"Prince...Soma...?" Sebastian began slowly.

"This...This curry, it tastes very much like the curry I used to always eat. Like Agni's curry!"

"You did it, Mister Sebastian!" Finny exclaimed in pure joy. (I swear, this cinnamon roll will be the death of me...)

"That's our butler for ya!" Bard grinned, a cigarette in between his teeth.

"Y'are wonderful, y'are!" Mey-Rin mumbled, hearts surrounding her eyes.

"Still, to have to go to such great lengths to achieve the right blend of spices..." Sebastian mumbled to himself, lost in thought.

"But it's still not quite right." Soma stated.

The servants and Red stared at Soma blankly.

"Eh?" Bard questioned.

"The taste, the aroma, the heat...are indeed the same as Agni's. However, something...something is still missing!"

"And that 'something'...would be?" the demon rose an eyebrow as he asked.