Chapter 21: Cheer Up, Game?

Two weeks, that's how long I have gone with out my dad. Everyday has been such a struggle. All I pretty much do is go to school and then came back to the house. Tyler hasn't been such an ass lately. He usually tries to stay out of my way. Everyone in school already knows about my dad so they all just give me a lot of pity.

I'm laying down in bed with the lights turned off. I am not crying, I'm just laying there. I think that my body has run out of tears. I stare at the ceiling, nothing in particular. I've been doing that a lot this past few weeks. I think I already memorize all of the ceilings patterns.

I hear the door to the room open. The light start to come in the room. I look at the door and see Hayli and Ashlee standing there.I haven't really seen or talk to them for a while. I have been trying to avoid everyone.

"Emma this has to stop," Hayli speaks up but she sounds really worried. They both come into the room and start to let all the light into the room.

Ashlee comes up to me, pulling me up. She looks at me seriously, "Get up! We are going to have some fun."

I look at her, "I don't want to go out guys."

"Ok we won't go out we will stay here," Ashlee says nodding, "But you have to go downstairs and have to do what we say, got it."

I sigh, "Fine," I say. I get out of bed and follow them outside. They truly are the world's best friends

They sit me down in the couch. Ashlee smiles, "Okay we are going to play truth or dare."

I look at her, "With three people, that's boring!" I tell her. I think truth or dare was made to play with at least 5 people.

Ashlee sighs but Hayli smile, "Oh I know we can call some boys!," she suggests.

Ashlee smiles brightly, "That's a great idea, I'll call Ryan!"

"Hey Em, is it okay if I tell Alex to come over to play?" Hayli asks me.

I give her a small smile and nod. She quickly pulls out her phone and starts calling him. Once both of them are off the phone they both look at me.

"Promise you would try to have fun, Emma," Hayli tells me seriously.

I look down at my feet. I remember what my dad made me promise before he died. He told me to get over him quickly, but it's just hard. Knowing that I would never get to see him ever again, but I think this would help me "get over him".

I look up at them again and smile, "Yeah I promise, when are the guys getting here?"

Ashlee smile, "He said he would be over in about 2 minutes."

"Alex said he would try to get here in 10," Hayli says with a smile.

The doorbell rings as soon as Hayli finishes. Ashlee runs up to the door. A couple seconds later Ryan walks in with Ashlee.

"Hey Emma," he says. He looks around, "I haven't been in here since I was about 8 years old."

"Hi Ryan," I respond. Everyone starts to talk and catch up. The doorbell rings again and that's when Alex gets here.

Since everyone is here we all sit in a circle. We were about to start when Tyler walked in the living room.

He stared at all of us, "What the fuck are you guys doing?"

Ryan looked at him, "We are going to play truth or dare, want to play?" he asks politely.

Tyler shrugs, "Yeah, sure, are there any rules?" he ask sitting down in the circle.

"Nope," Hayli says popping the p, " Just that everything that happens here stays between us."

"Okay, who is going to start?," I ask.