Chapter 5: Back to a Jerk

We are in the car right now, driving back to my house. His car is exactly like Ryan's car, except his is white. The ride was very quite at first. I just sat next to him awkwardly, admiring the ring. I'm 99% sure he wasn't the one to pick it out.

Tyler looks at me for a second and then looks back at the road. I look back at him with a confuse face, "What?"

"Nothing, it's just that you admire the ring like it's a precious thing," he says, "Even though it came from me."

I look at him and then back at the ring, "Well it's just beautiful, your mom has good taste," I say smiling at the ring.

I hear him give a little cough and then he looks at me," Well I'm sorry to inform you that I was the one that pick out the ring."

I look at him with a disbelief face, I can't believe that he was the one that picked out this gorgeous ring. "No way!"

He just give me a nod and a smile. All through out the ride I am thinking about how he actually has some kind of brain in that pretty head of his. WAIT, what I'm I saying?

The rest of the ride is quite and Tyler occasionally glances over at me, but never says anything he just looks back at the road. He finally drives up to my drive way and gets out and opens my door. I get out and see he is looking at me, "What?" I snap at him.

"Nothing," he smirk," Goodnight my bitch," he leans in and kisses me near my mouth. I don't react quick enough, but when I do I smack him. He just gives a small chuckle and holds his cheek. He walks tour the car and gets in. He drives away and I am left standing alone in the street.

I knew it was to good to be true. He is back to being Tyler the jerk. I have to admit that I thought that Tyler being a gentleman was kind of strange.

I take a breath and start to head tour the door. I get in and find all the lights off. I don't think it's that late. I check my phone, 9:18. They went to sleep early today. I go up to my bedroom and sit on my bed. I rub my eyes, but I'm not tired at all. I look at my phone and decided to text Hayli and Ashlee.

Hayli is the first to respond, Hey Em Wyd. I text back, nothing can u come over something important to to tell u.

Ashlee responds a few minutes later, Hey Em. I respond, Can u come over plz something to tell u. Both, Ashlee and Hayli, respond yes.

It would probably take them about 10-20 minutes to get here, so I decided to take this time to change into my pajamas. I put on some shorts and a loose shirt.

I look out the window and see a person walking in the sidewalk. I am sure that's either Ashlee or Hayli. I go downstairs and look out the living room window. I see Hayli walking up the steps of my house. I quickly go over to the door and open it before she has the opportunity to knock.

She gives me a quick smile, "Hey Em," she come up to the doorway and gives me a hug. I hug her back and shiver as the wind sends goosebumps up my body. It's a chilly night tonight.

"Hi," I say back, "Do you know what time Ashlee is getting here?"

"Well right about now," I hear a voice say behind Hayli. Hayli and I both turn to see Ashlee standing on top of the stairs, smiling.

I give a small giggle," Well ok, now that we are all here let's go up to my room," I say to them quietly. We all head upstairs as quietly as possible. We enter my room and I shut the door.

"I need to ask you something, Emma," Ashlee says very serious, " Why did you run out like that today when we were over at. Hayli."

Out of all the things we could talk about, she had to ask about this. I look at the ground trying to hide my face so they don't see I'm nervous. I am also trying to figure out an excuse to give them, so they don't keep questioning me.

I look up at them again, " Well because, umm," I begin, but I don't know what to say after. They both are staring at me, anxiously waiting for me to give them an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well this one was short, but I will upload one tomorrow