"it's fine.. i guess?" she bowed her head to look at nothing particular and pouted, "it's kind of boring though.. i don't really talk to anyone and school just feels repetitive—like a routine."

"are the other kids treating you right?" jin put his hand on her shoulder and kneeled down to meet her eyes, "are they excluding you from anything?"

she pondered at his question, "no.. i don't think so? i mean, i don't really care."

she looked at her big brother who frowned at her, "i don't really see why i need other people in life, especially when i've got you! and mom! and dad!" she cheered.

but inside, she felt really lonely.

she just didn't want her brother to worry about her.

she did, however, tell the truth. she didn't care what others thought of her since she was always alone in school—her lifestyle has taught her how to live independently and work efficiently as an eleven year-old girl.

she was surprised when her brother pulled her out of her chair and hugged her, "don't lie to me, because i know you better than anyone."

"i love you, okay?" he pulled her away while holding onto her shoulders and looked at her, straight into her brown-shimmering eyes, "and i will always love you and treat you like my little sister."

he kissed her forehead and continued hugging her. this made eunhee feel warm inside, because for once she was given the attention and the words she wanted from one of the only people she cared about. she started tearing up and sobbing into jin's baby pink sweater.

after what seemed like years of waiting, her dad returned with her mother at the door who was awaiting them with a wide grin, "eunhee! seokjin! come here!" she waved to them from the hallway.

eunhee and jin both ran towards the door and helped carry the groceries their mom had bought from the market.

when they were about to come back to carry another batch, they saw their mom smile and take a step to the side to reveal two young boys.

"kids, meet kim namjoon and min yoongi," their mom gestures her hands at the two boys who started becoming self-conscious, "your new adorable brothers."

both of the kim siblings observed the two orphans for the past few days.

namjoon was well-mannered and his composure reminded eunhee of her father. he had cute dimples whenever she gave them a smile, but they both could tell they were still uncomfortable living in a new environment. he was tall for his age, even though he was only a year younger than jin, and he definitely acted more mature than sassy-pink seokjin in certain ways.

yoongi, on the other hand, was really quiet. his facial features looked delicate but his expressions looked rough. he was a very contrasting person to eunhee, but it may just be because he still has trouble expressing himself. he was the same age as jin, they were both fourteen years old, but yoongi's height made him look a few years younger.

'maybe he didn't pass puberty yet..?'

and as the days passed, the two siblings began to learn more about their two new siblings; like their favorite types of food, what they like to do on their spare time, what sports they play, and personal questions like where they came from.