✿ | ten

BROTHERS

BROTHERS.
episode ten: moving on

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ. ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀʀɴᴇᴅ!

❝even if you all came from different families, we are still one; never doubt that you don't belong with us.❞

FLASHBACK
9 ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴀɢᴏ..

  it was a normal day in the life of kim eunhee. she had just come back from her elementary school and just arrived back home. her dad and seokjin was working at their bakery beside their house, while her mother went out to buy groceries. she quickly removed her shoes and went up to her room to change into more comfortable clothes.

she sat down on her bed, and sighed. she came to realize that her house was always quiet and lonely whenever she would come back home. ever since she was little she had no one to play or talk to with, except for seokjin and her parents. she started to feel lonely and unhappy since everyone she knew were always busy doing other things—she just wanted to feel loved and have someone's attention, just for a bit.

she got up and went to the kitchen to prepare that night's dinner for the entire family. she decided to make shrimp cooked in butter, with some mixed vegetables, along with rice. as she was cooking the shrimp, she ended up burning herself and shrieking.

"ah.. oppa can you get me a ba-" she looked up and realized jin-hyung wasn't with her.

'right.'

she took a damp towel and went over her burn before getting a bandage to cover it.

the entrance door opened and she was welcomed by the arms of her big brother, seokjin, who was currently fourteen years old.

"you're cooking shrimp for dinner?" she bent over to smell the tasty aroma from the butter, "i can't wait." he smiled at her.

he prepared the plates and eating utensils on top of each placemat in the dining table, as eunhee prepared the dish on a plate.

time passed by, and eunhee was beginning to feel worried. she nervously tapped her fingers on the dining table, "why hadn't mom and dad come home yet?"

"dad said he was going to do the closing today, instead of seunmin, so he's going to be there for another hour." jin petted his little sister's hair and ruffled it to annoy her.

"yah!" she smacked his hand away and looked at his silly smile. his smile becomes a thin line, as he starts questioning eunhee about school.