•Epilogue 3•

Mulai dari awal

God, I cheated on my boyfriend. And I'm so guilty but I don't regret it.

But Will, it's like I'll never be able to understand him. I try- I truly do, but he's like a puzzle with a million pieces and every time I come close to finishing something breaks the puzzle into more pieces, a billion more.

I pull my hair up into a bun, the rising sun beating onto my back. It's Monday morning and all traces of teenagers partying has been erased from our rental house. Last night I spent hours with Anna and Lyla throwing away sticky cups from beer residue, greasy boxes of pizza, moldy containers of Whole Food salads, and an insane amount of napkins.

"Need any help?" Henry says loading his luggage into the trunk. His grey shirt is damp from sweat, and his curly hair lays freshly washed across his eyes, dripping wet.

"You're a mess." I sigh, barely suppressing a laugh.

"Hey- you're not so perfect either."

I laugh until my heart feels heavy again, and I remember my lips on Will's. My mouth clamps shut.

I say goodbye to my friends before making my way into Henry's car.

It hits me that this is probably the last time this group will ever hang out together. I remember last year when it formed- I was just becoming comfortable in my own skin.

And now I'm here.

"Ready?" Henry says as he slides into his seat, slamming his door shut.

"Mhmm."

We drive in silence for the first hour, I can't bring myself to even look at Henry, how can I speak to him?

"So." He says with a clipped tone. "You and Will."

My heart stops.

"You seriously can't tell me nothing going on." He sounds cold, angry. But I understand.

"What do you mean."

"The fact that you've been having eye sex this whole weekend. I mean seriously Cira. Why would you want to get back together with him? He's a problem."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I say, standing up straighter.

"What do you think? Cira, you deserve better than a guy who can't even take care of himself."

"Seriously?" I say with a cold chuckle. "Are you fucking kidding me- it's not any of your goddamn business who I deserve or not."

Henry's jaw clenches, and he pulls aside, parking his car.

"What are you doing?" I ask confused. "We're on a highway you know."

Henry turns around in his seat. "You cheated on me."

His words hit me like a slap on the face.

"Yes." I breathe.

I've never seen Henry look so hurt. He blinks his eyes, his hands tightening around his steering wheel.