Chapter 32

"Matthew." My dad was standing behind a couple of the waitresses who were lingering at the table. "What is this?"

"It's my birthday," I said in a cold voice. "And at least these people remembered to get me a cake." It was a dick move to throw that in his face after all these years, but fuck him. He's the reason I've always hated my birthday, and I'm not going to let him ruin this one.

"I'm aware what day it is."

"How did you even know I was here? I thought I told you to stop pinging my phone like a psycho. You want to know where I am, you can ask me."

"I actually didn't ping your phone, Matthew, I called Chris's dad, and he told me you guys had gone out for dinner, since you didn't want to answer my text."

"You never texted me," I said flatly. He was glaring at me from across the table. Mel sheepishly reached into her purse and pulled out my phone.

"Actually, he did," she said, handing it back to me after glancing at the screen.

Chan looked like she was going to be ill.

"And you," my dad said, glaring at her. "I don't know what you think you're doing with my son, but this is completely unacceptable and inappropriate."

"Don't talk to her like that," I said, getting up out of my chair. My dad was in full uniform, and everyone in the place hadn't taken their eyes off us since the birthday cake.

"Get your coat, we're going home," he said, reaching for his wallet, throwing a pile of $20 bills on the table.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I shoved the money at him and sat back down, putting a protective arm around Chan, who was crying, visibly shaken by my father yelling at her. "Look what you did, you did this to her," I snarled. "You stay away from her."

My friends all awkwardly looked at the table. Chris and Sean were the least shocked, but I could tell by their faces, even they knew this was beyond my dad's usual bullshit.

"Is there a problem here, officer?" a manager nervously asked Dad as he continued to stare me down.

"No, this is my father, he's leaving, he was just upset he didn't get an invite to my birthday. I can't imagine why nobody thought to invite him. Better luck next year, pops." It had to be done. This was not how I imagined him finding out about Chan and me.

"This is so bad," Chan whispered as my dad walked out.

"He had no right to be here. Being related to someone doesn't make them your family. You are my family. The people sitting at this table," I said, motioning to my friends, "are my family. The people who love and support me mean more to me than someone who shares my DNA, but couldn't care less about me."

"Dude, sorry about my dad," Chris said.

"It's not his fault," I said and shrugged. "He didn't know my dad was going to do that. I'm pretty sure this one is worse than when I was 5 and he forgot the cake."

"Can we get some to-go boxes for this?" Carts asked, flagging down a waitress and pointing at the cake. Mel offered to take Sean and Chris home. Carts settled the bill. And with that, my birthday party was officially over. I can only hope turning 17 isn't some sort of curse.

"Guess you're staying with me tonight," Chan said.

"I wasn't ever planning on going on anywhere else, silly girl." She still looked like she was about to burst into tears again.

In the car, I put on the radio station that was playing all Christmas music. O Holy Night was playing. "Mrs. Murphy used to play these on old cassettes when we would bake cookies," I said to Chan and squeezed her hand. "I miss her sometimes."

"I know you do, baby," she said. She never called me pet names. We were sitting at a red light. She leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry, for everything."

"Don't be sorry, Chan. If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost and alone. I'm never going back to feeling like nobody loves me."

"I just feel like I ruined your birthday."

"You didn't! You made it special. You got me a cake. You tolerated Chris and Sean staring at your boobs all night," I added with a laugh.

"You forgot one person," Chan said, glancing over at me. I reached across and stuck my hand in her shirt. "I'm trying to drive!"

A man with a nice voice was singing "The First Noel" and I began to sing along.

"You have a beautiful voice," she said in a quiet whisper.

We quietly sang along with the rest of the song and waited in the driveway while it finished before she killed the engine.

"Go inside, I'll meet you in a minute," I said, letting open the back gate and heading into the yard.

A moment later, I let myself in the back door, with an armful of firewood. "The back shed has firewood in it, by the way. I split it myself, this tree used to be in the back yard, but it was so overgrown, it was crowding the neighbours." I used newspapers and some cardboard from the blue box to get the fire going.

Chan was in the kitchen, rustling around. I smelled something good.

"Hope you like homemade hot cocoa," she said, bringing me a mug with marshmallows floating in it.

We clinked our glasses together and I took a selfie of us. "Thanks for everything," I said as we snuggled together under a blanket in front of the fire.

Just kissing her was perfect. This was the only thing in the world I could think of to want for my birthday. When I was little, sometimes I would blow out the candle in my cupcake Mrs. Murphy would make me, and I would wish for my mom to come back. But now, I can't imagine trading Chan for someone who never wanted me.

As much as I enjoyed our heavy makeout session by the fire, my dick was really hard and I couldn't stop thinking about how badly I wanted to do everything else with her, too.

"Are you ready for your birthday gift?" she asked.

"There's more?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her. She got up from under the blanket and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Ever seen Varsity Blues?" she asked.

"Oh. My god." That was all I could get out. A whipped cream bikini. I scrambled to my feet. "Get over here." I didn't know what to lick first. I squeezed her tits together, making a mess of the whipped cream, licking, biting and sucking. She sighed a happy sigh as I worked my tongue. Licking the last off her nipples I leaned up and kissed her, a sweet, sticky kiss.

"And now, dessert," I said, about to get down on my knees.

"Wait," she said, pushing me back toward the blanket on the floor. She had me lay down on my back, and, facing backward got down on all fours. Holy fuck. Before I could say anything, she had my cock in her mouth and her pussy in my face. I pressed my mouth against the inside of her thigh and tried hard to concentrate to keep from blowing too fast, fuck. Everything was a bit of a blur, and I was too excited to stop myself, I was working her clit with my tongue and she came so fast, I came, too, hard.

She sat up, making sure I watched her swallow. She had never done that for me before. Pretty sure this was a big fucking win for teenage boys everywhere. Jesus Christ. How did I get this lucky? My girlfriend is the hottest girl ever, she just took my load like a champ, and once I get her upstairs into the shower, I'm going to bend her over and bang the shit out of her. Best fuckin' birthday ever.