Chapter 18

One of the captains was havingsome of the boys over afterwards, so Chris's dad was going to swingby their place so we could drop off our bags. I wanted to hang mygear up and get it dried out before the game tomorrow. Sean's dad hadasked me after the game if I would be willing to move to wing and getin on the first PP unit, so of course I had said yes.

There were a bunch of peoplemilling around outside Soupy's house when Chris and I rolled up.Chris's dad said to give him a call when we needed a ride home. Ithink they all figured we'd be drinking somewhat, but there was agame tomorrow, so nobody was planning to get too wild. We wheeledinside and headed to the basement. Somebody had the tunes going andChris and I grabbed a couple beers and headed over to the dart board.

Some girls I didn't know weremilling by the pool table. One of them was eye-fucking me prettyhard. Chris laughed. "Jesus, you think she could be any moreobvious?"

"Yeah, except that I don'tgive a fuck," I said, passing him his darts.

"You're not going to wheelher?" he asked.

"Meh," I responded, missingthe centre of the board by a hair.

"You're soft, buds," hesaid, tossing his and nearly missing the target entirely.

"No, I'm just not going towreck the best thing that's ever happened to me over some girl Icouldn't care less about. Chan's cool, I'm not going to fuck thingsup now."

"It's not like she would everfind out," Chris said.

"What's happening, boys?"Sean asked as he walked over from the fridge with our startinggoalie, Rolly.

"Mello says I'm soft," Isaid, throwing a dart hard.

"Monty, is it true you'rebanging some broad who's like 25?" Rolly asked.

"Come on guys, who told himthat?" I asked, glaring at Sean and Chris. They both shrugged.

"I mean, I know you're a bigwheel, but that's pretty solid," Rolly said. "I've seen some ofthe broads you get."

"You want that one overthere?" I asked, nodding in the direction of the blonde who hadbeen checking me out earlier. "She seems available."

I grabbed Rolly and walked overto where the girls were standing.

"Sup, I'm Monty," I said,sticking out my hand. "This is Roland." The girls greeted us."He's our starting goalie, he got a big win for us tonight."

"What about you?" asked theblonde. "What do you do?"

"I'm a forward. Scored a goal,got an assist."

"Do you want to take a walkwith me?" she asked, as her friends were preoccupied with Roland.

"Nah, I'm good. But thanks forthe offer." I was going to turn and leave.

"Why? Do you have a girlfriendor something? I'm not going to tell her, are you?"

"Just not interested," Isaid, walking away. I looked at my phone. No messages.

I text Chan. "Get to move upto the first PP unit tomorrow."

She didn't reply. I was gettingannoyed at the stupidity of the whole scenario in the basement andwas about to ask Chris if he wanted to bail on this thing, but I sawhim going through a door at the back of the room with a girl. Icouldn't be a dick and cock block him, so I figured I'd go out andget some air.

I stepped out the front dooronto the porch, and found a girl I didn't know sitting there having asmoke. I knew most of the girls who circulated these parties, wedidn't get the best broads, because they were all at BCHL and WHLparties. We usually got the really young ones, and the ones not hotenough for the Dub parties. But this girl was okay looking, and fartoo old to be at a Midget AAA party.