40

Isabel sat comfortably in the common room studying hard for one of her last charms tests of the year.

Her studying was interrupted as a wand appeared in front of her book.

When she looked up Ginny was standing over her with a smile.

Isabel instantly shut her book and turned to leave the common room.

Ginny quickly grabbed her wrist, "Wait,"

Isabel turned around sharply, anger coursing through her veins, "Why should I?"

"Just please listen to what I have to say!"

Isabel's furrowed brows relaxed as she nodded and followed Ginny over to a couch in front of the fireplace.

The silence of the empty common room felt very loud as the two girls sat without making a sound.

Ginny stared at her lap and sighed, "I'm really sorry,"

Isabel stared into the fireplace, refusing to make eye contact.

Ever since the rumors flew around about her being a death eater, Ginny was never the same to her again. She was always rude and was behind all of Bailey's rumors and teasings.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you. And I'm sorry I ever sided against you." Ginny struggled to find the words, "I was supposed to be your friend, your family, but I turned on you without even thinking."

Isabel turned to look at Ginny, "Why did you do it?"

Ginny shrugged, "Everyone else believed you were a death eater. Everyone said bad things about you. I didn't want to be left out or become an outcast, so I believed them instead."

Isabel shook her head, "I haven't known you my whole life, but I know you well enough to know that you are not someone who feels the need to follow the crowd."

Ginny dropped her head in defeat.

"What was really going on?" Isabel asked gently.

Ginny looked back up at her, her eyes full of tears.

"It was Bailey."

The tears now poured down her face. Her head hung, ashamed.

"I blindly believed anything she said. I went along with whatever she told me."

Isabel still didn't understand, "But why?"

Ginny shook her head as if saying it was causing her physical pain.

"Because I loved her."

Ginny cried even more now, her heart aching.

"I never really understood myself. Dean was absolutely great and all, but something underneath kept me from really liking him. I never truly liked him. But I felt as if I had to."

She sniffled, recomposing herself, still not making eye contact.

"And then came Bailey. She was bold and loud. She was instantly my friend. And she was kind to me. And that part of me that was hidden underneath came out. I liked Bailey. No matter how cruel she was to you. No matter what lies or gossip she told, she was always there for me. So I didn't mind. And I fell for her. I loved her."

Ginny started crying again harder, so ashamed of every word she said.

Isabel quickly wrapped her arms around her.

Ginny was surprised.

"What are you doing?"

Isabel brushed her fingers through Ginny's hair, "I'm giving you a hug. Ever heard of it?"