26

The sun broke through the dusty red curtains of the girl's dormitory much too early for Isabel's liking.

She sat up and looked at the others who were still asleep and decided to get ready.

Grabbing her clothes and other necessities to get ready in the morning, she quietly walked into the bathroom.

She almost puked at her appearance.

Her normal olive skin now a ghostly pale. Her eyes droopy and wallowed in dark circles and puffy. And to top it all off there was a pink mark covering the majority of her right cheek.

Isabel bit the inside of her cheek choking back the tears as the memories of the previous night flooded back.

She couldn't find a logical reason why it happened at she didn't know what she did wrong, but it had to be her fault, right?

Angry and emotional, Isabel fell to the ground of the bathroom and slid her back against the door.

She dug into her bag and pulled out her pocket knife.

She breathed in deeply. So this is what my life has come to. How pathetic.

Her knife created new wounds to complement the old ones. Every cut deeper than the last.

Good morning world.

She let out a small squeak as someone knocked on the door.

"I'm almost done," She coughed out to the person on the other side of the door.

She sat and watched as her cuts bleed out the red wounds, mesmerizing, in a sick, twisted way.

She finally felt emotionless and calm.

She carelessly cleaned up her cuts and got dressed.

She quick washed her face and placed her hair to cover the red mark on her face.

Good enough.

She walked out of the bathroom as another girl walked in.

Hermione was just waking up as Isabel put her things back into her trunk.

Isabel figured it would be better not to talk to her friends today, to avoid questions and any more problems with Shane.

Hermione didn't seem to notice Isabel rushing out of the dormitory which Isabel was very grateful for.

-

Isabel sat alone at breakfast.

And lunch.

And dinner.

It went like this for days.

Isabel avoids her former friends and sits alone.

If she does happen to sit with someone, it's Shane and friends, which she hated.

Shane acts like nothing ever happened.

Nobody seemed cared enough to notice Isabel's decrease in emotion.

She rarely smiled, hardly ate, and was constantly pulled around by Shane, her grades dropped, and she had no motivation

Every day she woke up and wondered what the point was.

Without her friends and family, she didn't see the point in going on.

-

"Ronald, you need to eat, you need your energy for the game today!" Hermione urged Ron.

"I'm no good Hermione, I'm no good," Ron said.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm the worst keeper in history, I'm going to bloody ruin the game!" Ron groaned.