4

It was a week after the students started at Hogwarts.

Hermione was already studying really hard for billions of classes.

Ron was enjoying the endless food and having Hermione do his school work.

Isabel was finally settled in at Hogwarts and loved it. Her favorite class was Care for Magical Creatures yet she did best in Potions.

Harry was having constant scar pain and frequent nightmares, and Dumbledore wouldn't talk to him.

Regardless, the group continuously grew closer and Isabel finally felt like she had a home with her new friends.

"What class is next Hermione?" Ron asked.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts," Hermione groaned. They already hate Umbridge and they only had seen her once.

The four shuffled into the classroom, weaving between students.

Ron and Harry sat together and Hermione and Isabel sat right behind them.

The students were magically tossing around an enchanted paper bird and having fun.

Suddenly the paper burst into flames and fell to the ground. The students turned to see Professor Umbridge.

"Good morning children," she said in that fake sweet voice.

She started magically handing out textbooks.

"From now on, you will be following a carefully structured, ministry-approved course of Defensive Magic," Umbridge said.

Hermione raised her hand, "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells,"

"Defensive Spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Umbridge laughed.

"So we're not going to use magic?" Ron asked.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way," Umbridge informed.

"What use is that? If we're going to be attacked, it won't is risk-free." Harry said.

"The ministry says a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your exams," Umbridge said.

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry asked.

"There is nothing out there dear. Who do you think is out there that wants to attack children, like yourself?" Umbridge rebutted.

"Uh, I don't know maybe, Lord Voldemort," Harry said confidently.

Isabel smirked, she liked his attitude.

There was whispering among the students while Umbridge stood there in shock and disgust.

"Now let me make this quite plain," Umbridge said, walking between desks, speaking slowly, "You have been told, that a certain dark wizard is at large once again."

She then stops next to Harry's desk.

"This is a lie." She states.

"It's not a lie. I saw him, I fought him!" Harry said, trying to defend himself.

"Detention, Mr. Potter!" Umbridge shouted walking back up to the front of the room.

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord," Harry stated.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident," Umbridge said.

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know that-" Harry fought back.