6

The next day Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all sitting in the common room waiting for Isabel to go get breakfast.

"Can we just go? I'm hungry," Ron complained.

"I'll go check on her," Hermione said.

She goes to the girl's dormitory and sees Isabel dressed, sitting on her bed, and drawing.

"Do you want to come to breakfast with us?" Hermione asked softly, she remembered what happened the night before and Isabel might still be hurting.

Isabel looked up and nodded. She grabbed her sketchbook and muggle pens and went to the common room where the boys were waiting.

"Isabel! It's good to see you," Harry said, surprised she showed up.

She lightly smiled.

Harry could see how puffy her eyes were. He felt so bad, she was probably crying all night.

They all walked down to the Great Hall in silence. Besides Ron's stomach growling that is.

The group all sat at the table, Hermione next to Ron and Harry next to Isabel straight across from them.

"Are you going to eat anything?" Ron asked Isabel, his mouth full of food.

She shook her head 'no'.

"More for me then," he laughed.

Harry watched Isabel carefully while he ate his breakfast. She was obviously very hurt and he wanted to help her.

Isabel took out her sketchbook and starting drawing again.

While she was drawing, Harry took her injured hand and held it.

He looked carefully at the scars. Isabel stopped drawing at looked at him.

You did this to yourself, she thought, you basically asked for it. You don't deserve this love or friendship. You are useless. You are pathetic. You don't deserve anything.

Harry put his arm around her and rested his head on hers.

"Everything will be okay." He said.

They sat there like that until breakfast was over. Isabel was feeling a bit better. She tried to forget the awful thoughts and focus on her friends who made her happy. Throughout the day, she cheered up.

~

"Harry, Isabel, can you come with me please?" Hermione asked before dinner.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"I'm going to tell McGonogall what Umbridge did to you both and I need proof," Hermione said.

Isabel clutched her hand to her chest and quickly shook her head 'no'.

"Isabel, this could get her fired, please," Hermione bargained.

"Come on Isabel, Hermione isn't going to give up on this," Harry said.

Isabel nodded in defeat and followed them to McGonogall'soffice.

Hermione knocked on the door quickly.

"Come in," McGonogall said.

"Ms. Granger, Mr. Potter, Ms. Lyston, how may I help you?" McGonogall said as they stepped into the room.

Hermione took a deep breath, "Umbridge has been hurting her students as punishment in detentions."

"What do you mean?" McGonogall said, turning her attention to them.

"She makes them use a quill to write lines and the lines then imprinted on their hands, the quill's link was blood," Hermione informed.

"That's horrific," McGonogall said. Harry outstretched his hand as McGonogall examined it.