Chapter 46

*ISABEL POV*

I got dressed in a skater skirt with straighned hair. I walked next door to Hayes house to get ready. He was still getting dressed. I watched him put his shirt on and spray himself with this cologne. I love his cologne.

"Ready babe?"

"Yup!"

We walked down the stairs with our fingers interlocked in to each other's. We got into his GMC truck and drove to school.

"Excited for today?"

"No, why?"

"Tonight is the first football game of the school year!" He yelled with excitement while holding my hand.

"Oh, then yeah..."

"You don't sound excited."

"Well are you playing?"

"Babe, I'm ON the football team"

"Oh sorry."

"Come support me!"

"I will!"

We walked into school and as always, dirty looks at me from girls, and dirty looks at him from guys.

There has been a few guys that like me... I don't know what there is to like. I mean, I'm short, 5'5, have dark brown hair, with brown eyes...

Same thing with Hayes. But there is something to like. His eyes, his hair, his body!

I walked to my locker and punched in the code '7777' my lucky number and Hayes football Jersey number. His locker is right next to mine. We have 2 classes together, Science and Algebra. We sit next to each other everyday.

"I love you so much hayes."

I turned around to see Hayes kissing another girl!

His back slammed onto the locker while his eyes went wide.

"HAYES!" I screamed.

"Uhhh... It's not what it looks like."

"Oh, I didn't just see you kissing another girl?!"

"Isabel-"

"No Hayes. I cant believe you did this! Right next to me! 12 inches away from me! HAYES! Why?!"

I caught everyone's attention, including Aidens.

"You know Isabel, I'm always here for you" Aiden offered.

"No, YA NOT!"

I walked past the two and walked to my first hour class, AVID.

*HAYES POV*

It was what it looked like. She caught me.

Are we over? Now its me asking.

I've liked this other girl named Grey for uhhhh... Two years, i just don't know if I want Isabel or Grey.

"Grey, I love ya, but we cant really work out. We cant. I love Isabel a lot." I ran down the hall and caught up to Isabel in the doorway of her first hour class.

I tugged on her Venice Beach life guard hoodie.

Then I grabbed the hood and pulled it towards me.

"Isabel, look"

"What the hell you want?!" She jerked away.

"Listen, it was an accident."

"We cant do this. Another time you hid something from ME?! WHILE I'm YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!"

"No, we need to stay together. We do!"

"Give me a reason why then."

"Cause I love you?"

"My ass. You love me and Grey. You got that from a fucking movie. Wow."

"No. Like i want to be with you. Not grey."

"Let go of me. I need to get to class Hayes. I'll talk about it with you in 3rd hour science. What ever"

I still wasn't sure if we were together or what. I hopped we were. I cant lose her. I really cant.

*ISABEL POV*

3rd hour was approaching and i couldn't wait. Like i was sick to my stomache.

As the 3 bell rang, I felt an arm come around me on my neck.

"Hey"

"Aiden?"

"Yup thats me!" He laughed

This reminded me of the time we were kids and liked each other. The 6th grade summer in Arizona.

"Are you still mad?" He asked

"No, sorry i pushed you. I didn't mean to. I was mad. But I'm not anymore"

"Its okay"

"So have you talked to Erin or McKenzie lately?" He asked

"Yeah, they say Palo Verde won the Arizona Championship for High School Baseball!"

"Awesome! Hows football though?"

"I don't know, i didn't ask them"

We walked until Hayes stopped our conversation in the hallway

"Nice talking to you!" Aiden thanked

"You too!"

"Let's talk babe"

"About what?" Rolling my eyes.

"Us"

He put his hand on my hip.

"Why did you kiss her?"

I started to tear up and his stubby thumbs wiped my tears.

"I loved her too. I'm being honest. Once I saw how i hurt you, my feelings for Grey went away. I love you. Only you!"

"You have hurt me twice."

"Yes I know. But it wont happen again" he smiled.

We kissed and sat in our seats in science. And we learned how minerals have a crystal structure and stuff.