Chapter 40

*ISABEL POV*

I don't remember Hayes. I don't remember our next door neighbors. I don't even remember moving here. Its so frustrating.

I know I'm gonna be 15 soon. I know I was born July 1st, 2001. I also know my mom, Brenda, dad, Trevor,sister Sierra, and dog Shorty.

I don't know how i got to North Carolina.

I just want to rip my hair out.

I grabbed my phone and I saw 'Hayes❤️' on my lock screen telling me I got a new text message from him.

I don't know why I would have a heart next to his name. It didn't bother me so i left it.

"Come over?😁"

"Sure" i said.

I put on some sweats with some pink nike mandles with some black and white elite socks. I slid on an old Palo Verde shirt from my old Jr. High in Arizona.

I walked out while putting on a maroon and yellow ASU jacket (Arizona State University... The sun devils)

I walked up to his door and knocked. I heard feet running and it was Hayes.

"Hi! Come in!"

I walked in

"So... Why did you want me to come over?"

"Just to hang. I'm home alone right now so I wanted a friend to comeover."

"Nice" i nodded

I looked around and saw a picture of me and him hanging on the wall by a window.

"How did you get this picture?" I asked concerned.

"Thats from when we went camping, in our backyard a few months ago."

I nodded.

"Isabel, I know you don't remember, but I WILL help you. I promise" he grabbed me in a hug.

"Thanks."

He grabbed my hand and I took my hand away.

"I'm good" i said

We went up to his room and played xbox. He taught me how to play. Though, he won many many times and he had to revive me many many times.

I laid back and turned my head and saw another picture of us. But from when I was like idk 14? I didn't ask cause I knew i wouldn't remember. So i just inferred we were ice-skating at a local rink.

*HAYES POV*

She just looked around my room and house. She didn't remember. I grabbed her phone and I unlocked it.

"Isabel, c'mere."

She walked over with a big smile. She always smiles. Even before the accident. I didn't see anything different about her since. I still saw Isabel Rae.

"This is me and you." I showed her a picture of us kissing. This was going to be hard to make her remember.

"I'm starting to remember, Hayes!!!" She shouted. She started crying with joy and I hugged her.

"Good! Ok here's another photo. What were we doing here?"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember that yet."

"So you remember us dating?"

"Ehhh.... Kinda."

"I like you though. I see why I was your girlfriend and why you were my boyfriend." She added

I smiled and I hugged her again.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I AM LEAVING TO CALIFORNIA SO I WILL UPDATE SOON! Xoxo😘