Chapter 54

***Edward's POV***

I didn't see it coming. I thought I'm already on track in resolving this problem. I never thought that Marco didn't know it. May really kept it to herself.. Well I need to anticipate everything now, especially that I know  Tita Lorna doesn't know about it, too. This is gonna be a much big problem for me.

I decided to visit her in her store.

"Good afternoon, Tita!" as I kissed her on the cheeks.

"Oh Edward, buti napadalaw ka. May kailangan ka ba, iho? Teka.... anong nangyari diyan sa mukha mo? Sinong may gawa niyan?"

"Ahm wala po... Tita... Can I invite you for a coffee? I need to tell you a very important thing..."

"Sure, nak! Teka at magbibilin lang ako dito..."

I brought her to a coffee shop nearby. My heart is beating freakin' fast. Sweats are coming out of my skin... I feel so uncomfortable and nervous...

"Anak, okay ka lang? Mukhang di ka mapakali.... Wag ka na lang kaya magkape?"

I can see her being worried of me.., Lalo akong nakonsensiya...

"Tita... I'm gonna tell you something... I know you're gonna hate me after.... but I really need to tell you this now..."

"Kinakabahan naman ako saiyo, nak."

"Tita... Please always remember that I respect you... and that I love your daughter so much... I want to marry her in the future and be with her for the rest of my life..."

I can't fight my tears that begin to roll down my face. This is it! It's either I make it or break it!

"Oh anong problema, doon? Ako ba ang inaalala mo? Sa akin nak... wala kang dapat alalahanin... Na kay May pa din naman kasi ang desisyon.. Kung saan siya masaya... I'll give her my support.."

"Tita... I have done something in the past... You can sue me if you want and put me in jail... or you can hurt me as well, I'll accept whatever it is Tita... But please just don't keep May away from me..."

"Ano bang sinasabi mo?"

"Tita... noong high school po kami.., I learned recently na nagkasakit ka po noong time na iyon... That same time... I did something unforgiveable to May... I had a girlfriend before Tita and I gave my all to that girl... Suddenly she broke up with me and I got so angry... Hindi ko po matangap. Naghanap po ako ng ibang masisisi instead of myself... and I ... I thought of May... kasi nalaman ko na she likes me noon and she's close to my girlfriend's ex. I thought of May betraying me... and so I planned for a revenge... to May.... that's the unforgiveable thing, Tita... I lost my mind.... and I ..,,,, I raped her.. I was too angry then that I couldn't think right anymore... all I know is how to get even with May.. and so it happened... Please forgive me, Tita.... I really didn't mean to do it..."

I got slapped hard on my face... It didn't bother me... I'm even expecting the worst.

"Tita... please hear me.... that's the reason why I came back... to settle everything with her.... I wanna ask her total forgiveness... I wanted to marry her not because of what happened but because I truly love her. I realized that when I went home in Germany... I also had this anxiety disorder and have been medically treated because of my guilt for what happened.... Tita... it wasn't my intention to do it... I was just blinded by my anger and frustration...."

I got another slap.

"Umalis ka na.... Please lang... Baka kung ano pang magawa ko saiyo...."

That's all she said... It brought me much pain seeing her in pain... She's crying in silence and that's more bothering me...