CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

[Still in Jonah's POV]

They had me and Casey transferred to another room, one that they said was in a secluded place. I told them all I know about the poison and that that the pain hurt so much that it caused people to scream. So, they decided to move us to a room that's far from everyone else, with dad's permission of course. Wow, I called him dad! I smiled as I thought about it but as soon as I looked at Cay's uneasy, unconscious form, my smile turned into a frown. Everyone was waiting outside since the doctors wouldn't let them in yet. They wanted to do some tests and check up on us, make sure we were comfy before letting everyone come in. There was nothing really wrong with me, they just kept me in the hospital to make sure I was alright. They told me that I flat lined before. That explained the dream -or what I thought was a dream- where Case was in too. I haven't had the chance to ask her about it yet. I sighed as I looked up at the white ceiling. I was pretty bored and the bed was pretty comfy but I couldn't go back to sleep. I was waiting for dad to come in so I could talk to him. "You can go in to see them now," I heard the doctor say from outside. The door burst open and Matt walked straight to Casey's side. I watched as he kissed her forehead and took her hand in his. He pulled the chair that was in the table beside her bed and dragged it by her bed. He sat down and just watched her while she slept. I didn't notice that people were talking to me until Jake snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Dude," Jake said and I looked up at him. He had a frustrated look on his face. He already felt like family to me, like an older brother, just like he is with Casey. "Huh? What?" I said and blinked a few times. He sighed then said, "Never mind." I shrugged and looked around the room. Matt's mom and dad, who I met a few hours ago, were sitting on the couch looking worriedly at Matt and Casey. "Where's uncle and auntie?" I asked Jake. They insisted that I should call them aunt and uncle since they were my family now. "They went back to Casey's place to check up on Aunt Tracey," a.k.a, my mom. I nodded and just stared in to space. I can't wait to meet my mom. Jake already told me that I look more like dad than her but I didn't really care. I bet Casey looks like her. I looked at Casey who was still uneasy but Matt wasn't at her side anymore, his mom replaced him. I looked around the room and saw Jake sitting on the edge of my bed while flicking through the channels and Matt sitting with his dad on the couch. Matt was almost pulling his hair out and his dad was trying to comfort him. I knew they were talking about Casey because I noticed that whenever he did, there was a glint in his eyes. Matt's dad put his hand on Matt's shoulder and started patting it. Speaking of dads, where's my dad? Ah, I'll talk to him later. I started feeling tired and my eyes started drooping. Soon, the exhaustion took over me and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

[Matt's POV]

"I don't know what to do, dad!" I whispered angrily in frustration as I pulled on my hair. "Son, it's going to be okay," he said and put a hand on my shoulder. He started patting it and I nodded. "When's Janey getting here?" I asked dad and he looked at his watch. "In half an hour," he said.

-In the story, Matt and Jake lived in a city next to the city Casey was living in but it was still pretty far. Jane/Janey was living at her grandparents' house at that time since Matt wanted to go with Jake to live with Casey.-

[30 minutes later]

"Matty!" I heard a high pitched scream and looked at Casey first to see if she woke up but she didn't. I turned my head and looked at the door to see the person who could make me happy when nobody else could, other than Casey, Janey. "Janey," I said and walked over to her. As soon as I was close enough, she jumped up and wrapped her little arms around me and her little legs around the space right under my chest. She was kind of little for her age but that was because she was picky when it came to food. I promised myself when she was born that I'd take care of her and never let her get a boyfriend. Overprotective older brother, I know. "Hey," I said as she pulled back to look at my face. "Helloooo!" she screamed in my face. I chuckled but I looked at Casey if she moved but again, she didn't. Janey didn't realize it and I was a bit disappointed that this little girl's high pitched screams didn't wake her up. "How's my little girl?" dad asked and took her from my arms. As soon as she was in dad's arms completely, I blocked out everything from my mind and focused on Casey. I sat back in my chair, which was beside Casey's bed, and took her hand in my mine. "I love you," I whispered to her and kissed her cheek. I watched as she just stayed there, unconscious, unmoving. "Wake up, please. My sister's here and I want you to meet her. I know you'll like her," I said and chuckled sadly at the memory.