CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

"Hey, give me the remote!" I scream at Jake. We were now all in the living room watching tv. "Nu-huh, not today," he says in a funny voice. I huffed then said, "Fine!" I stand up angrily and storm out of the room. "Aw, don't be like that, Case!" I hear Jake shout and I giggle to myself. "What shall I do today?" I whisper to myself. Well, I wanna do something I haven't done in a long time. I walk into the room and look around. Wow, I haven't been here in months. I walk around and smile at the old memories I had in this room. I face the back wall and see all my guitars. Lenny is my favorite electric guitar, my red Fender Stratocaster. I have three electric guitars but I like Lenny the most. I picked it up and stroked its body and put the strap Around my neck. I plugged it into an amp and started hitting random notes. I remember all the songs dad and I wrote a few years back before he became a workaholic. I smiled and stroked it's body again. I started playing a few of my favorite songs. I remember when mom first made this room. It was summer and we connected two guest rooms together to make a music room. There are actually plenty of rooms in the house but we used them all up. I started strumming more random notes and looked around the room again. There were two of dad's electric guitars and one of my acoustic guitars. There was a drum set and a white grand piano of my mom's. My dad taught me how to play guitar when I was 12 and I started a band with some of my friends but the band broke apart since our drummer moved away. There were four of us in the band. I was the vocalist and guitarist. I started playing one of the songs we wrote when the door opened. I turned my head and saw Jake and Matt at the door. "Hey, was I loud? This room is supposed to be soundproof?" I asked them and Mat answered. "Nah, baby, you just left the door open." "Oh, sorry," I said and started strumming a few notes. Matt wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. I smiled and started playing the first part of the song "Whoa Oh!" by Forever the Sickest Kids. Matt grinned and Jake ran to the drum set. He sat down and grabbed the drum sticks. "Which one?" Matt asked, pointing at the guitars on the wall. "You pick," I said and squealed. He picked one and stood next to me. The three of us started playing the song and Matt and I sang.

I candy-coat and cover everything

But I'm still hiding underneath

It's been a long time,

A thousand faces looking up at me

hands all pointing to the ceiling

Oh what a feeling

I've got friends in highly low places

I'm standing on post, and I'm posted up

can't afford to lose them

I've got friends and highly low places

I'll go inside when I wanna party

Grab a girl and dance

Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh,

Why do I put myself in these situations

Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh,

I keep pushing myself even though

I can't take it at all, whoa

Girl, who taught you how to move like that?

At this pace you're at you're at you're going way too fast

I, I saw you from across the room

It's me vs. every guy

It's your choice, you choose

I've got friends in highly low places

It's been a long time