CHAPTER 36

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}

CHAPTER 36 

[Still Matt's POV]

Everything happened in a blur and I was scared shitless. My heart was beating out of my chest and I couldn't think straight. I can't remember how it happened but a bunch of other nurses came and took her inside. They didn't even have time to rush her into a room before they tried to revive her. A bunch of the nurses had me leave and wait a few halls away but I could still hear everything that was going on. I blocked it out though. I couldn't listen, I didn't want to. If it was bad news, it would kill me. Suddenly, everything quieted down and my heart dropped. The wait was killing me already. The sound of footsteps running down the hall made me stop breathing. The nurse from before ran up to me and tapped my shoulder. I looked up at her. I was sitting on the ground with my back against the wall and my head in my hands. "She's okay," she said and I let out a big breath. I almost cried. The only thing I could do was nod. "Can I see her?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Sorry, sir. Not yet, they're still checking her but they'll transfer her to her normal room soon, sir," she said and I nodded. I thanked her and walked back to the room upstairs. I walked into the room and Jonah's eyes widened in horror when he didn't see Casey with me. "W-where is she?" he asked and stood up. "She stopped breathing for a while," his looked like he was gonna pass out, "but she's okay now!" I added before he actually did. He sighed in relief and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Where is she now?" he asked and I walked over to Cay's bed and sat down. "She's being checked up but they said they'd bring her here as soon as possible," I said and he nodded. "You okay?" he asked when I didn't say anything else. I shrugged. "I don't know. I thought I was gonna lost her. I don't know what I would've done if I lost her," I whispered and he nodded. "I know you love her a lot and I know she loves you too. Even though we just found out we're siblings, it feels like we were never separated. I know how much this is killing you and trust me, it kills me too. The best thing we can do is hope. She will get better. Dad's doing everything he can," he said and I nodded. "Thanks, Jonah," I said and he nodded. He sat back on the bed and looked at down at the floor with a perplexed mood. "It kind of doesn't make sense 'cause when they gave me the poison, I didn't have the effects that she's having," he said. "Well, I don't know. Hopefully, we'll find out," I said with a shrug. 

Everyone was in the room now; my parents, Cay's parents, Jake and his parents. My sister was still at the house with Ashleigh and Sarah. We were waiting for Casey and we weren't told anything yet. Finally, door opened and they wheeled in a bed with an unconscious Casey on it. We all stood up and the nurses and the doctor rushed about. We were all forced to stay on one side of the room but we could still see. They lifted her onto her bed and attached her to a few machines. Because of that, I knew we couldn't bring her out of the room before. After what seemed like an hour, some of them started leaving. The only ones left were 3 nurses and the doctor. The two scientist guys came and they talked to the doctor before they told us anything. "What happened?" Cay's dad asked. "It was just the reaction of the poison with the morphine," Sergei said and I let out a breath and dropped my head into my hands. "What about the cure?" I asked before anyone could say anything. I lifted my head out of my hands and was looking up at them. "We're so close, very close. I think we can get it by tomorrow," the other one said and you could just feel the relief in the room. "Thank God!" Cay's mom cried. She started crying and my mom tried to soothe her. "Dude," Jake said and put a hand and nudged my side. "Did you hear that? Did you fucking hear that? I can't believe it!" he almost shout. "I know!" was all I could said. I walked over to Cay's side and kissed her cheek. "I love you." 

____________

Kinda forgot the guys' names. :P VOTE, COMMENT, BECOME A FAN!