You Chose Me

A pause in the story for one chapter!!
Requested by baby_ried13 aka Tiffani!!
(I love your name, by the way! It's so pretty!)

It's your wedding day...

You're nervous and excited. You've dated Ansel for three years, and when he asked you to marry him, you didn't even have to think. You knew from the moment you met him that he was the one; there was really no question at all.
So when he got down on one knee, you could only say yes.
With the day of the wedding fast approaching, you were getting increasingly nervous and jittery. Soon, you were going to be Ansel's wife. You were going to be married. It was like the ultimate level of dedication to one another. It was like you were announcing to the world: yes, this is the human I want to spend the rest of my life with.
And you have no doubt in your mind that you want to do this.
"Tiffani!" your best friend Amy says. She's the maid of honor, and her long blue dress looks gorgeous on her. Of course it looks good—she picked it out personally from the choices you'd offered her.
"What?" you call, trying to fix anything that could be wrong with your appearance. Actually, everything is perfect; you've made sure of that.
"It's almost time," she says, coming into the room. "You look so good," she says, a smile forming on her face.
"Thanks," you reply, your cheeks warming. "I'm so excited but nervous," you admit, looking to her.
She smiles. "It'll be fine. The worst that can happen is you trip or something."
"Now that you've said it, it's going to happen," you groan before laughing.
"Whoops," she says, a grin on her face. She comes over to you, looking you over.
"Fuck, you look so good. I can't believe you're getting married," she sighs.
"Thanks," you laugh. "I honestly can't believe this."
"It's going to be incredible, Tiffani," she tells you. "You just wait." She makes a face. "Wait, actually, you have to go."
"Okay okay," you say, letting out a breath as you smile slightly.
"Ready, honey?" You hear your dad's voice from outside the room.
You let out another breath and meet your best friend's eyes. She smiles reassuringly.
"Yeah," you reply, returning her smile. "I'm ready."

———

You start down the aisle, and you feel everyone's eyes on you. You feel nervous but ecstatic. You're on top of the world. You can only see Ansel standing at the alter, looking gorgeous. He always looks amazing, whether it be during a date, during breakfast, when he drives, when he's playing a board game with you—just all the time. He always looks incredible. Only now, he looks especially beautiful.
You walk all the way up to the alter, your father walking with you. Your heart is beating rapidly in your chest, and you can feel butterflies in your stomach.
You finally reach the alter and step in front of Ansel. You smile, feeling absolutely giddy with happiness.
The officiant speaks: "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the wedding of Tiffani and Ansel."
He says more, but all you can really focus on is Ansel. He looks so beautiful, his brown eyes shining in the light as he looks at you.
Everything seems to pass in a blur—the two of you had agreed on simple wedding vows.
So all you say is: "The moment we met, I just knew you were the one. I love you with everything I have, and I will continue to do so until the end of time."
You start to get emotional as he speaks: "Tiffani, you're the love of my life. You're more important to me than life itself, and I'm the luckiest man on Earth because out of all these people, you somehow chose me."
You're on the verge of tears as you slip the ring on his finger and he slips yours onto your left ring finger.
It's truly happening. You can hear the officiant say, "You may now kiss the bride."
And your lips meet. It's somehow the sweetest kiss you've ever shared; there's so much love and so much happiness.
You smile against his lips, and he pulls you closer as he whispers, "I love you, Tiffani."
He smiles as you reply, "I love you, Ansel."
And with that, you're married to the love of your life. Everything that day goes by so fast, but it's all filled with so much happiness that you feel like you could explode.
You never thought you could actually find something this incredible, but here with Ansel, you've somehow managed—and you couldn't be happier.

A/N
I hope you liked it!!!